• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

F1 student worked with SSN and won dv lottery

speek

Hello frens, i got selected for dv lottery 2014 but in the past i did a mistake by working off campus using my ssn. I am planning to do AOS. I worked for a year and left the job like 3 years ago. Any dv lottery winners with same scenarios please help. I am really concerned if my i-485 will be approved if i show my work history.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello frens, i got selected for dv lottery 2014 but in the past i did a mistake by working outside using my ssn. I am planning to do AOS. I worked for a year and left the job like 3 years ago. Any dv lottery winners with same scenarios please help. I am really concerned if my i-485 will be approved if i show my work history.

I think you'll need more than the Internet. Talk to a lawyer, just to be safe.

Assuming you're an international student, you got out of status the moment you started working off campus without authorization and getting paid. You will have to declare this on your application and since you went out of the F1 status you would be denied AOS. You need a lawyer but the main point here is that you are out of status. Sorry.

Pryanik :)

Hello frens, i got selected for dv lottery 2014 but in the past i did a mistake by working off campus using my ssn. I am planning to do AOS. I worked for a year and left the job like 3 years ago. Any dv lottery winners with same scenarios please help. I am really concerned if my i-485 will be approved if i show my work history.

The I-485 doesn't ask whether you have ever worked without authorization. I had several friends in the past in similar situation, and they had no trouble adjusting status. They didn't voluntarily declare that they worked off campus.

The I-485 doesn't ask whether you have ever worked without authorization. I had several friends in the past in similar situation, and they had no trouble adjusting status. They didn't voluntarily declare that they worked off campus.

The G-325 does, IIRC.

The G-325 does, IIRC.
That's right, I completely forgot about that.

Were my friends listed their unauthorized employment, they would have been deemed out of status, and therefore couldn't adjust status. They would also be referred for deportation hearing. Since they now have LPR, I suppose the CIS can revoke it if the unauthorized employment is discovered, also resulting in deportation hearing.

It's your judgment call, and it's better to make it after consulting a lawyer. Nobody can advise you to do anything illegal here.