• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

F1 student won greencard lottery DV 2018 which forms needs to be filled

berkay

I am currently international doctoral student from Turkey holding F1 visa in the United States. I have been selected for further processing on DV-2018 green card lottery. On the selection page it says "The instructions are located on the Department of State website at dvselectee.state.gov. All DV applicants must use the online DS-260 Immigrant Visa and Alien Registration Application." And when you visit the link given dvselectee.state.gov it says "If you are physically present in the United States, you may be eligible to adjust status to obtain permanent residence through the DV Program"

My Questions

Do I need to fill and submit DS-260? or am I eligible for filing adjustment status? Which is I-485 (I couldn't find anything about student with F-1 visa can file it or not) I know a F-1 student filed Adjustment of Status 10 years ago and got his green card but each year there are many changes on Immigration laws.