F1 student forgot to apply CPT before doing off-campus internship

renren

I'm an undergraduate on F1 and I'm now interning in a company for about two months without applying CPT. I was totally unaware that I needed a CPT to work off-campus. Not until recently a friend of mine mentioned to me that I need a CPT did I realize I've been doing unauthorized work for two months. When I accepted the offer, the company only asked me for my SSN and started paying me stipend the following month. They did not even ask me about CPT and my working permission. I haven't told international office of this but I'm so scared of this problem right now. Should I file tax return for this income next year ?
If I report my case to my school, will they report this to USCIS and deport me ? If I choose to not report, can I leave the country in December (when this semester ends) and renew my visa to regain the F1 status ? If I leave, is it possible that I cannot come back ?

I'm going to end this internship immediately. But is there anything I can do to make up for this ? What is the possibility that the visa officials find out this piece of information when I renew my visa this December ?

Hi there! I was searching about similar cases as mine and found your post. I know it has been a long time, but it'll be really helpful if you could respond! So did you finally succeed in renewing your visa? I used my SSN for an unauthorized work too, and I'm worrying they will find out from my SSN employment history when I renew my visa. Did they ever ask for your SSN when you renew visa? And does it affect your application of later visas such as OPT and H1B? Appreciate your help!