F1 Student applying for GC

rareangel

I entered the United States in January 2009 on F1 visa. But I did not goto School from then. I've been out of status for more than a year now. I have been Dating a guy and we have decided to get married now. He is a US Citizen and is ready to Apply for a green card for me. Will i be rejected by the USCIS as i have been overstaying? Should i hire an attorney for the paper work or will i be able to do them by myself? Please help me. Thank you!

hi I am currently F1 visa holder.. I get married to an US citizen. I applied for my green card on july 5th its currently on process but it says to get green card it will take about 3 to 6 month. So we are assuming that I will get gc on november december. But my classes will finish on august. So will I be out of status for this period?

You should have started your own thread instead of hijacking someone else's.
Regardless, since you have a pending I-485 (I am assuming that is what you filed on 07/05), you will not be out of status. Your current status is "adjustment of status applicant".

So will I be out of status for this period?

thanks triple citizen
sorry for "hijacking" someone else thread
I read some places they mentioned that in this situation maybe during interview they will ask you about it
is that true?