F1,F2 VISA - sibling undocumented

arneel

Hi Guys,
I have been living in Australia for last couple of years as a Permanent Resident. Previously, I travelled to US on L1-B visa, and have lived in countries like Singapore, Australia, US, India, Hong Kong, Malaysia. This year, I made up my mind to pursue MS Financial Engineering in US and have recently received I20. I have also been offered 50% scholarship. I would like to take my wife with me. She was living in UK before and now with me in Australia. We both have lived as a good citizen, I mean no overstay, good tax records etc.

However, her brother (immediate sibling) have been living in United states without proper documents for last couple of years and is not in touch with family for last 3 years. My father-in-laws and mother-in-laws have applied for Tourist visa to US, but have been rejected 4 times primarily because of son living as undocumented citizen. I presume all these information are to be provided while filling my wife's D-16O

My question is how does it impact our chances of getting F1 and F2 visa? how can we improve our chance of not being rejected?

Thank you