1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The forums have been moved to a new software. All data till march 30 has been moved over. You can start using them. You should be able to login with the same user IDs and passwords as on the old forums. The old forums will be available as ''read only" under forumarchive.immigration.com.
  3. Rajiv hosts a free community conference call every other Thursday at 12:30 p.m, EST. You can post your questions in the conference call forum and dial into the call at (202)800-8394. Next call is on June 19, 2014.

F-1 to H-1

Discussion in 'California Service Center - F-Visa Issues' started by laosor, Mar 29, 2012.

  1. laosor

    laosor Registered Users (C)

    Hello all,

    I am trying to change my visa from F1 to H1. However, it seems that I have to have 2 years experience before applying for H1?
    I have a company that is willing to sponsor me, but I do not have 2 years of experience because I am about to graduate this semester. I've been working as an intern for the past month only..

    Thank you for your reply !
  2. Aayitrun

    Aayitrun Registered Users (C)

    H1 by itself doesnt need 2 years experience. however your company's LCA may need that if your post seems to have that requirement.
  3. laasya17

    laasya17 New Member

    F-1 Query

    Dear Sir,

    I have a question. I am on F-1 visa and my visa expires on May 2013 and I will be graduating in September 2013. Can I stay in US?
    I will have my OPT for 1 year which can be valid from Aug 2013- Aug 2013 So if I need my H-1 i need to apply in 2014 itself right?
    And I want to pursue PHd too Can I apply for colleges when I am in US with my expired visa?

    Kindly answer my questions.

Share This Page