F-1 to B-1

Bener

Hi, i entered to US on August 2007 with B1 Tourist visa, which i was given on June 2003 for 10 years. I applied for change of statuscto F1 and got my I-20 approved on December 2008 and since then i'm a student. I graduated last year with an MBA in California and got my OPT and employement authorization on July 19. My OPT will expire on July 27, 2012. I have never left US since August 2007 and my B1/B2 visa still on my pasaport. My tourist visa will expire on June 2013.

I'm trying to find alternative ways to extend my legal stay in US, but it looks impossible i couldn't find H1B sponsorship neither. Am i allowed to stay in US with tourist visa for another 6 months or i must leave as soon as my OPT expires.

Thank you in advance.

Hi, i entered to US on August 2007 with B1 Tourist visa, which i was given on June 2003 for 10 years. I applied for change of statuscto F1 and got my I-20 approved on December 2008 and since then i'm a student. I graduated last year with an MBA in California and got my OPT and employement authorization on July 19. My OPT will expire on July 27, 2012. I have never left US since August 2007 and my B1/B2 visa still on my pasaport. My tourist visa will expire on June 2013.

I'm trying to find alternative ways to extend my legal stay in US, but it looks impossible i couldn't find H1B sponsorship neither. Am i allowed to stay in US with tourist visa for another 6 months or i must leave as soon as my OPT expires.

Thank you in advance.

While it is highly unlikely for you to be allowed to change your status back to B2 (tourist status), the form you would file with USCIS is the I-539. That may be filed online.

SEE: http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/us...nnel=db029c7755cb9010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1RCRD