F-1 reinstatement- immediate help needed

Did any of you had a similar problem i.e.Termination due to unintentional unauthorized employment?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

ava3888

Registered Users (C)
Dear Rajiv,

Please find a description of my case below. I sincerely request your taking time into this and suggesting a course of action.

I am enrolled in an Master of Business Administration (MBA) program at a University in the state of Pennsylvania. My expected graduation date is June 2011. My I-20 is valid up to 06/30/2011.

My F-1 Visa got terminated on 12/09/2010 on grounds of unauthorized employment in the United States of America. However, I did not participate in an unauthorized employment intentionally, but due to an administrative error.

Initially, I was authorized by my program advisor to work from 09/17/2010 to 12/13/2010. However, an error occurred where she requested my CPT authorization from the DSO only until 09/17/2010.

On August 12, 2010, I received an offer from a non-profit organization to work as a part-time intern between 08/23/2010 to 12/13/2010.

Practical training is one of the requirements to graduate with an MBA degree at my school. I presented the offer letter and job description to the MBA Career Services office of my school, after which I filled a CPT contract for the period between 08/23/10 and 09/17/2010. September 17, 2010 was the last day of the summer quarter. My program advisor helped me fill my contract and assured that my legal requirements have been taken care of until 12/13/2010.

When a student goes on CPT, my business school enrolls him/her in BUSN 698, a course on practical training and experiential learning. I was enrolled in that course not only in Summer term (between 08/23/10 and 09/17/2010), but also in the Fall term (between 09/18/2010 and 12/13/2010).

In order to ensure whether or not I needed to re-submit the CPT request form to the International Students and Scholars (ISSS) office for the Fall term, I emailed my advisor repeatedly. She did not address my queries and assured that I was enrolled in BUSN 698 for the Fall term as well, indicating that my CPT paperwork is fine until 12/13/2010, as promised earlier.

The MBA Career Service Department and my advisor’s administrative error led to my unintentional violation of immigration regulations and resulted in the termination of F-1 my visa. The violation of status resulted from circumstances beyond my control. This is not a repeated violation and I have never worked without proper authorization.

On January 24, 2011, the USCIS (Vermont Office) received my application. I have not heard from them yet and am unable to concentrate on my full-time job search.

I don't know whether in this circumstances, if a company is ready to sponsor my H-1 then what happens.

I would really appreciate if you could go over my case and give me a proper solution. I would have contacted you personally, if I had the resources to afford your services.

Thank you,

Sincerely,

Ava3888