F-1 problem if sponsor is on I-130

chandru098

I am from India. I have applied for Graduate studies to some US universities for Spring 2012 intake. My mother has provided her bank statement and affidavit of financial support (My mother will be sole sponsor).
My mother's brother got US citizenship in 2004 and thereafter applied for a I-130 for my mother (as sister of US citizen). The status is now (2011) in "post decision activity". If I apply for a F-1 visa in about November 2011, will this show up at the interview? Will it hinder my visa processing?
Note: My name is mentioned in the application under "family members of applicant".

Thanks

Hi chandru098,
All immigration form related procedures are handled by USCIS alone. IF your mom's case is completed by then you should benefit from it when your case comes up.Good luck!

One cannot speculate, if your F-1 application will result in the consul learning about your mother's pending I-130. If it comes up and you are questioned, please tell the truth. That may make it a tad difficult for you to overcome 214(b).

If I apply for a F-1 visa in about November 2011, will this show up at the interview? Will it hinder my visa processing?