Extreme Delay in Boston!

Baylock

Registered Users (C)
My priority date is in early May 2004. I still have not received a letter or a date for fingerprinting, yet Boston DO shows it's now processing cases from June 1, 2004. At Customer Service they tell me that due to new rules they cannot check the status of N-400 cases. I can't call VSC to inquire directly, either. Infopass displays no appointments for the Boston DO, so I can't even visit. Inquiries and a letter have yielded nothing so far.

Is there anyone who has had a similar experience, i.e. 9 months or more from PD without a FP letter? Any word of advice or moral support will be appreciated. This is a very stressful and frustrating situation.

Baylock said:
My priority date is in early May 2004. I still have not received a letter or a date for fingerprinting, yet Boston DO shows it's now processing cases from June 1, 2004. At Customer Service they tell me that due to new rules they cannot check the status of N-400 cases. I can't call VSC to inquire directly, either. Infopass displays no appointments for the Boston DO, so I can't even visit. Inquiries and a letter have yielded nothing so far.

Is there anyone who has had a similar experience, i.e. 9 months or more from PD without a FP letter? Any word of advice or moral support will be appreciated. This is a very stressful and frustrating situation.

I'm under the Norfolk, VA sub-office. After waiting nearly 4 months, I wrote to my Senator and I almost immediately, by USCIS standards, received my FP notice.

Baylock said:

What do you mean it displays no appointments on info pass web page?
I just went there and filled out a "trial" form and they told me the available dates! I can schedule my "fake" appointment for as early as Jan. 25, range of times available!!!

bashar82, Rahul, thank you. I appreciate your replies. Regardless of the situation, it feels better when you're not alone.

Does anyone know exactly what "processing date" signifies--that the DO is reviewing cases with dates earlier than the processing date, or that they are completing those cases?

mfar, the last couple of days Infopass displayed to me only a screen that there are no appointments for my DO. This tells me that they must have opened a new batch of available dates today. All the dates to choose from are in February. Have you gone to speak with someone at the Boston DO? Was it helpful for you?

Even though i had scheduled an info-pass appointment, fortunately i did not have to go, since by that time i got my oath letter at my old address that never got forwarded to my new address. I got my fingerprints apointment pretty fast. But i was stalling between the interview and oath letter for 4 months.
Try and schedule an appointment in Boston. I would not go there without info-pass, since they are very busy and they warned me against walk-ins. You don't wanna spend all day there :)
It's true: Customer Service can't check the status of your case, but i would call and ask them if there is any way they can send an inquiry to the Boston office about your case. I would tell the customer service rep. that it seems like a veeeery long time (9 months) of wait for your fingerprints, and this is just the beginning of the journey! The fingerprints should be the quickest link in the chain! You can tell them that you did not receive ANY correspondence at all from INS....no request for additional documents, no letters - nothing. I myself called many many times to the national customer service and they were usually nice, but not helpful...until i ran into 2 very proactive ones, who actually did send inquiries to the Boston office. Each time i called i spoke with a different rep. but i kept repeating (very nicely, not demanding) the same thing over and over again to each one of them, until i got the really helpful one.
Hey, you have nothing to lose - try it! It's a free 800 call!
And if you don't live to far from JFK bldg in Boston - go for an appointment.
Good luck!

guess i am not the only one waiting in boston, my priority date is may 7th 2004 and no fp notice as yet....
through infopass i have an appt at the boston office for Jan 31st, will give an update on wht i find out....pls keep this thread posted with any updates from ur end, seems like the only way to get some info together....

bostonimmigrant, can you see your case status online? Mine appeared only this month, after 8-plus months of "no records found" online.

Please post your experience here after your infopass appointment.

my online status came up sometime in October, November.....
mailed application 1st May, Priority date given May 7th, recieved receipt notice June 5th....
nothing since then....called several times to Customer Service with no help so abt 2 weeks back set up an appt through infopass....will keep u posted and give details after my appt on the 31st....

bostonimmigrant,

any good news after your visit to the Boston DO?

I see some of the timelines of others from Boston, and people with PDs in September 2004 have already gotten fingerprinted, or have received an interview letter without much delay. It seems as if VSC has left the files from April and May 2004 into a black hole of inaction.

That's great news, bostonimmigrant! Thanks for the update! I also have an infopass appointment for this week and will keep you posted. How did your fingerprinting go today?

I have a question: did you enter the JFK bldg through the street entrance, or the side entrance (which I think is closer to the waiting room)?

i entered through the street entrance....not sure abt the side entrance....well for the fingerprints today went there at 12, but they had more ppl then they could attend and have set me up for 1 pm tomorrow, so will go again in the morning....will let u know tomorrow....

had my fingerprints done today at the Portland St office. wasnt too long a wait, was in and out in abt an hour and a half....

hey bostonimmigrant,

what happened to your post with your Infopass experience? It's disappeared...

Here is my experience following an infopass appt. at the Boston district office. I went there 15 minutes prior to my appointed time of 1pm, but had to wait for 3 hours!! for my ticket number to be called. Then, I was brusquely informed that I had been sent a FP letter back in June 2004 set up for July 2004. Problem is I never got that letter—bostonimmigrant, does it sound familiar!? I don’t have the dates they gave you because your post from Jan 31 is missing, but I think they’re pretty close to mine.

I tried to get some more information about my case but they refused to tell me anything else. This news comes after a 9-month delay, and after numerous futile phone calls to customer service and the DO, all telling me to wait until my PD matches the processing dates for the Boston DO. And though they gave me a FP letter, it’s worrisome to see a sentence in it about a 84-day rule, whereas if the applicant takes no action 84 days after the FP notice date, the case can be considered abandoned.

my processing dates are almost the same as urs, was told the same thing the fingerprinting notice was sent in june for july.
i wouldnt worry abt the 84 day rule as long as u got ur fingerprinting notice from them, as i asked them if my application was cancelled as i never got my fingerprints done, to which i was told i would not be getting a fingerpriting notice from them if tht was the case.
so just get ur fingerprints done and guess we have to wait for the next step.
keep this thread posted as ur case progresses.
gl with the fingerprinting.

thanks,
after waiting over 7 months for the fingerprinting was not expecting an interview for a few months, but a very pleasant surprise to have it so soon.