Expired Green card/Employment and applying for citizenship

Shea29

1.Can I apply for naturalization with an expired green-card. 2.I received a job offer but employers cannot except expired green cards and my social security card has a restriction "DHS"If I apply for citizenship can I receive a I-551 stamp or can that only be obtain if I renew my green card thanks in advance

1. You can but you will have to apply to renew your green card
2. You can receive an I-551 stamp but I believe only if you apply to renew your green card

Thank you for the replies another question do I have to wait for my fingerprint appointment in order to receive the stamp ,I would rather do it sooner so I don't miss out on this job opportunity.Can I make an info pass appointment to get the stamp before my fingerprint date ?

You'll need the receipt that they send you. Logically, you ought to have got an unrestricted SS card when your GC was still valid. Big mistake. Make sure you do this once you get your new GC.

Yes big mistake I wish I knew I could have had that removed from my ssc.So I can make an info pass appointment immediately after I e-file? Hypothetically Say if I e-file the i90 today can I make an info pass appointment and get the i551 stamp before I even receive Any information about a biometrics date?my new employer needs proof asap

Hmm, I suppose proof of having e-filed ought to work. Maybe someone can weigh in, but you have nothing to lose by doing that but time. So, I would go for that. Either way, if this doesn't work, you can then take your receipt and go for a walk-in fingerprinting appointment.

You might also try showing your employer your e-file receipt along with the expired GC, and see if they will accept that (though, I'm not sure the I-9 form allows it).