Experience for I-140

mvs_rao

Hi,

I got my Labor Certification approved under the EB3 category. I have been working for one and only company since completion of my education(over 5 Yrs of experience ). Now my Employer is planning to apply for I-140. I heard someone saying that one should have a prior experience before joining the current employer in order to apply for I-140. Please let me know, is it a problem working for one and only company and still INS does not recognize the experince with current employer for I-140 petition.

Thanks
Rao

It's true your current experience won't count

It's true your experience with your current company won't count.

but I think for EB3 category you won't need exepience after you complete your bachelors.

But you need to have documentation of all the skill you mention in labor certification. for your case it would be certificates and education qualification not experince letter.

What your lawyer suggested/ documented your experience when you filed your labor certification ? if job requirement is only bachelor degree then it's fine, but if has some expeirence required, then you might run into problem. Talk to your lawyer frankly and honestly. or if you think you can always change lawyer.

I hope this will help.

JB