• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Error in the Electronic Diversity Visa Entry

And if you dont mind me asking what's your Country of Origin..? I heard due to multiple fraud cases and forging of Documents, Africans and Asians have the strictest of interview and they are the most likely to be refused visa if a slight error is detected.

My interview went without any problems.
I just sent to Kentucky Consular Center email, like this:

"I would like to draw your attention to the fact that in the primary electronic application request form Electronic Diversity Visa Entry Form there is a technical mistake made in the date of birth (??-??-???? instead of ??-??-????).
I hope for your understanding and do apologize for all troubles and inconveniences with this regards".

The answer from the Center was that this error would not affect the case, that forms had been received and wereacceptable for the continuation of visa processing.
i made typing error when i filled in date of birth at EDV form. But i corrected my date of birth in ds260 form . CO may see me as liar because there is difference between date of birth of EDV form and DS260. But apart from difference between date of birth in EDV and DS260 ,everything else in EDV and DS260 is same . Photo , father name , mother name ,place of birth ..etc are same in EDV form and DS260 form. So I hope CO might understand that my mistake is genius mistake and I am not liar . He or she might approve my visa . Please what do you think on my idea ?

And if you dont mind me asking what's your Country of Origin..? I heard due to multiple fraud cases and forging of Documents, Africans and Asians have the strictest of interview and they are the most likely to be refused visa if a slight error is detected.
i made typing error when i filled in date of birth at EDV form. But i corrected my date of birth in ds260 form . CO may see me as liar because there is difference between date of birth of EDV form and DS260. But apart from difference between date of birth in EDV and DS260 ,everything else in EDV and DS260 is same . Photo , father name , mother name ,place of birth ..etc are same in EDV form and DS260 form. So I hope CO might understand that my mistake is genius mistake and I am not liar . He or she might approve my visa . Please what do you think on my idea ?

@koye

Please stop duplicating the same question/post all over the forum/thread. I understand the fact that you're worried about your situation, however pasting it all over does not necessarily mean the user's you've quoted will respond, for all you know they may no longer even visit the forum anymore.

The CO will decide whether to issue you a visa or not at the time of Interview.

Dear Friends,
I am in need of very desperate help. My friend who just received the first letter for E-DV but there has been very big mistake; the mistake is the person who did the computer work for applying his application form has selected the country that my friend is from is NAURU which is incorrect because he is born and raised in NEPAL and still is in NEPAL. I am very worried about my friend and i am in need of your knowledge.

Thank you for taking your time to read my request.

Does your friend's case number begin with AS or with OC?

Edit - never mind, Nauru definitely falls under OC region. http://travel.state.gov/content/vis...ulletin/2015/visa-bulletin-for-june-2015.html
I wonder how many other of those 12 Nauru selectees were a wrong click...
So yes unfortunately your friend cannot claim the win as it was intended to go to an Oceania region selectee, as he was born in Nepal and therefore cannot prove he belongs to that region he will be disqualified.

Dear Friends,
I am in need of very desperate help. My friend who just received the first letter for E-DV but there has been very big mistake; the mistake is the person who did the computer work for applying his application form has selected the country that my friend is from is NAURU which is incorrect because he is born and raised in NEPAL and still is in NEPAL. I am very worried about my friend and i am in need of your knowledge.

Thank you for taking your time to read my request.

It's bad news for your friend. He should forget about the selection, he has been charged to a wrong region based on the information he/his agent provided on his eDV registration. Continuing to process this selection is a guaranteed waste of time and money. The outcome is a guaranteed denial unfortunately.

I wonder how many other of those 12 Nauru selectees were a wrong click...

I can imagine an immigration agent entering dozens of people's information hitting "N" on the keyboard to scroll down the country list faster and forgetting to go down a little bit more. Nepal and Nauru both start with N and are 5 letters so might escape a brief skim read.

I can imagine an immigration agent entering dozens of people's information hitting "N" on the keyboard to scroll down the country list faster and forgetting to go down a little bit more. Nepal and Nauru both start with N and are 5 letters so might escape a brief skim read.

They're probably next to each other in the list.
I've accidentally clicked wrong country and wrong state in click down menus before. It's very easy to do. Of course, if it is something critical I would catch in a double check...

They're probably next to each other in the list.
I've accidentally clicked wrong country and wrong state in click down menus before. It's very easy to do. Of course, if it is something critical I would catch in a double check...
Right. Typing ones own DV info in, it would hardly escape the double check - easy peasy. Problem starts with somebody else typing in one's personal information...

If Google is right and Nauru is in Oceania then unfortunately your friend will be disqualified.
actually i made mistake in DOB my dob in BS is correct but i made mistake in AD...so will i b disquallified....? month and year is correct but mistake in day...it should b 20 instead of 26

yeah I've faced it so many times,most of the people outside of nepal would not know that......but anyway thank you so much for ur help.....

Dear friends, My agent wrongly entered my year of birth. Does that going to affect my chance? Did I need to contact the Kentucky DV centre?

Dear friends, My agent wrongly entered my year of birth. Does that going to affect my chance? Did I need to contact the Kentucky DV centre?

2 questions.

Did you correct it in the DS260?
At which embassy will your interview take place?