• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Entry into USA after getting VISA (DV Lottery)

vinitkumar

Hi All

i have been successful in passing my interview and have been awarded the visa for green card. It expires by 14/02/2014 however for the 1st entry i intend to go to USA and get my passsport stamped and return within 2-3 weeks maximum. I may not receive the actual physical green card within this timeframe.

Thus will that be a problem when i wish to travel to USA again? Do i need to apply for something then?

Hi All

i have been successful in passing my interview and have been awarded the visa for green card. It expires by 14/02/2014 however for the 1st entry i intend to go to USA and get my passsport stamped and return within 2-3 weeks maximum. I may not receive the actual physical green card within this timeframe.

Thus will that be a problem when i wish to travel to USA again? Do i need to apply for something then?

Can you clarify the expiration date of your visa? 14/02/2014 as in Feb 14, 2014???

Hi All

sorry i meant the expiry date to be 14/02/2015, do advise me
Let me resume your case :
You are a 2014 dv winner, you entered USA somewhere in the beginning of 2014, you activated your GC, and you came back to your home country, on the 14-02-2014, and that gives you permission to stay out of the USA until 13-02-2014.

No. He's just got his visa, it's valid for 6 months (count back from 14 Feb next year ;) ), he wants to enter for a couple of weeks and then go back to his home country before he gets his physical green card.
This is fine. The immigrant visa gets stamped(endorsed) on entry and becomes a temporary green card for a year.
As Simon said as long as he returns within a year he will be fine.

Hi all we will be leaving tomorrow with for our first entry into the USA with our visa. Is there anything I have to bring besides our passports with the visa and the sealed envelope? I feel a bit nervous:).