1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The forums have been moved to a new software. All data till march 30 has been moved over. You can start using them. You should be able to login with the same user IDs and passwords as on the old forums. The old forums will be available as ''read only" under forumarchive.immigration.com.
  3. Rajiv hosts a free community conference call every other Thursday at 12:30 p.m, EST. You can post your questions in the conference call forum and dial into the call at (202)800-8394. Next call is on June 19, 2014.

Employment Verification Letter - I - 864 EZ

Discussion in 'Family Based Green Card -Through Marriage/Relative' started by bolapr, May 11, 2009.

1. bolapr

bolapr Registered Users (C)

Hi guys, For the I 864EZ, can someone plz tell me the format for the Employment Verification Letter and to whom it should be addressed to if filed with I-130 and I - 485 concurrently.
  2. kittenKat

kittenKat Registered Users (C)

"To whom it may concern,

ABC Inc verifies that Mr. Smith is working full-time with us starting ... with the pay rate $50,000 per year.

Sincerely,
    Ms. Andrew, Human Resources
    ABC Address.

date
    "
  3. bolapr

bolapr Registered Users (C)

Thanks kittenKat. I was wondering if it should be addressed to Immigration Officer
    US Department of Homeland Security/USCIS or something along those lines. I have attached a sample letter if someone needs it in the future. Plz feel free to edit or modify as required.
  4. kittenKat

kittenKat Registered Users (C)

You can put "USCIS", but actually it doesn't matter. As long as the letter has rate, date and signature of the company you are OK.

BTW, I really recommend to attach couple months of paystubs too. Just to be safe. :)
  5. immigration99

immigration99 New Member

Family based immigration

hi
    Are you showing your income for the affidivit of support, is that the reason you are using I 864EZ. I am trying to gather info on how to apply for GC, since USC wife is a homemaker. I am working on H1 and i am the only working member in my family. Do you know what forms i will need to fill out. Appriciate all your help
  6. Nav102

Nav102 Registered Users (C)

You will need to file I-864 as a cosponsor. I-864 EZ is for people using only W-2 income as the petitioner.
  7. immigration99

immigration99 New Member

hi

Thank's for your responce. Can you tell me if i need to file two I-864, one from my wife side and the other myself. Do i need to sho evidence like tax returns and pay stubs. Me and my wife have been filing joint returns even though she has 0 $ income.

Appart from this form, do i need to file I-130/I-485/I-765/I-693/I-864 all in the same packet, since i am already in the US.

I am still trying to figure out how to start this process since i am not using any lawer. Appriciate all your help.
  8. Nav102

Nav102 Registered Users (C)

You file one I-864 and there are instructions on the form for joint sponsor.