Employment based immigration backlog petition

Hi

Rajiv,

Mine is not a small company and not a body-shopper company...it is a big, reputable company, with its own legal team. They outsource the filing process though. The legal team has formulated certain guidelines which the company should follow and for most part, they are very reasonable. They think that their reputation/relation with the USCIS (INS) would be at stake if many of their employees do something like cotacting political circle etc. They go to the extent of not providing us with any of the receipt numbers. OF course they have their own hidden agenda and they see the interests of the company first. But we are warned not to contact USCIS directly or contact any political party. So I think signing the lawsuit also comes uder this class and can have more serious impact if the company knows this.
To list the credits, my company does take care of all the costs associated with the immigration process and they do file petitions within reasonable time. They only thing is there is absolutely no flexibilty to the candidates with regard to requests of contacting USCIS to expedite things. They blindly wait for couple of months after the official processing times are past the ND.

Hope this makes things more clear.

Re: Hi

Originally posted by sv20
Rajiv,

Mine is not a small company and not a body-shopper company...it is a big, reputable company, with its own legal team. They outsource the filing process though. The legal team has formulated certain guidelines which the company should follow and for most part, they are very reasonable. They think that their reputation/relation with the USCIS (INS) would be at stake if many of their employees do something like cotacting political circle etc. They go to the extent of not providing us with any of the receipt numbers. OF course they have their own hidden agenda and they see the interests of the company first. But we are warned not to contact USCIS directly or contact any political party. So I think signing the lawsuit also comes uder this class and can have more serious impact if the company knows this.
To list the credits, my company does take care of all the costs associated with the immigration process and they do file petitions within reasonable time. They only thing is there is absolutely no flexibilty to the candidates with regard to requests of contacting USCIS to expedite things. They blindly wait for couple of months after the official processing times are past the ND.

Hope this makes things more clear.

I am familiar with seemingly inane institutional policies. I run into them all the time. Somtimes, when you understand the whole picture, these policies may make sense. More often than not, they are just products of paranoia. I feel this policy is illegal. I do not care how large the team of lawyers is, they are wrong. Nevertheless, you must not sign if it puts you at any disadnatage or discomfort. Its all good.

If only about 360 people signed the petition, CIS will interpret that those 360 people are concerned about the backlog and others can wait for even decades, If you don't say that you have a problem it will be interpreted that only 360 people are not satisfied with the service provided by CIS and the remaining about 300 or 400 thousand EB based GC applicants out of 1.3 million GC applicants are happy. So 99.9999999999% of the applicants are happy and CIS is obligated to satisfy only the unhappy customers.

still waiting for my company lawyer’s feedback whether it’s against their policy or not.

In any case, this might be an argument for the law suit: people waiting for GC might not be able to fight for their basic rights in fear of jeopardizing the GC process.

Friends,

With the support of Rajiv Khanna, we have registered a non-profit organization immigrationportal.org. Later you will see official appeals for fund collection, signature drive etc. announced either by the president, vice president, secretary or a person designated by the executive team.

As one of the directors I am now speaking with my own capacity to appeal to all the members and visitors of this board to register your support for Rajiv Khanna as the legal counsel for the class action against BCIS.

Please follow the link in my signature. Your privacy is utterly protected.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Bill (draft) to amend INA aboutI 5-year residence requiment for Naturalization

Originally posted by kashmir
(Originally posted at Project Ocean main thread)

I drafted the part of bill to amend INA about Five-Year Requirement for Naturalization.

SEC. 102. FIVE-YEAR RESIDENCE REQUIREMENT FOR NATURALIZATION
(a) Section 316(a)(1) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (8 U.S.C. 1427(a)(1)) is amended by inserting "after the application for the adjustment of status is filed or" before "after being lawfully admitted for permanent residence".

Here is the background.
Especially, the second part was one of requests in our original petition.
If you have some comment or suggestion, let me know.
Thanks,
-kashmir
I will start talking to some COngressional members again.

KASHMIR

FIRST CONGRATS TO RAJIV AND YOU ALL FOR TAKING THE INITIATIVE.

I HAVE RECENTLY JOINED THE FORUM AND AM NOT AWARE OF THE WHOLE PROCESS. IF YOU CAN BE KIND LET ME KNOW AS TO STATUS OF THE PETITION.

I READ SOMEWHERE IT HAS BEEN FILED. WHAT IS THE NEXT FOR IT TO BE APPROVED AND TAKEN AS A LAW??

DO WE NEED TO HAVE THE SENATORS/CONGRESSMAN INVOLVED?
WE NEED THE "INDIAN CAUCUS" LIKE FRANK PALLONE ETC TO GET INVOLVED.

IF THE TIME LIMIT IS MADE 6 MONTHS FOR 485 AS RAJIV HAS EMPHASISED IT WOULD BE A GREATEST THING !!!!!!! aLREADY IT IS MORE THAN 2 YEARS FOR MOST

Can we use pseudo-names?

I just wanted to know if we can use pseudo names for signing on the petition? I am okay with the A# and Email part...

Actually I don't want my collegues/freinds to recognize me on this forum, but I really, really want to sign the petition... How about the address..is it kept private (I don't see it in the 'view signatures' for others)

Hope you will understand and reply soon...Waiting for you replies..

This is not a pseudo-name

I don’t apologize for picking up this name, because it was not done intentionally, but I do apologize for any inconvenience . I don’t know that similar name exists in this form. I know the values of this forum. this is not a public chat room, where people tease with pseudo names. We are sharing our pains and thoughts here like friends and family members. Since I started with this name recently I can change it immediately. I will find out a way to change my name or I will request for a new name.

We are all going through hell. Let us co-operate with each other.

Amendment of Section 316(a)(1) of INA

kashmir said:
I will start talking to some Congressional members again.
As I wrote at Project Ocean main thread (at I-485 CSC Forum),
I attended Congresswoman Zoe Lofgren's town hall meeting in San Jose yesterday (8/8/2004),
and started pushing INA amendment.

kashmir said:

Section 316(a)(1) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (8 U.S.C. 1427(a)(1)) is amended by inserting "after the petition for the immigrant visa under section 204(a) being filed or" before "after being lawfully admitted for permanent residence".
Here, the "petition for the immigrant visa under section 204(a)" means I-140 (or I-130).
My targetting 5-year starting date is I-140 receipt date as above.
Several people have asked me to change it to Priority Date or to consider Laber Certification, but I have no idea how to describe.
If you'd really push PD or LC starting date instead of I-140 receipt date, please draft the specific statement for amendment of INA Section 316(a)(1), otherwise, I must push my original plan.

Rajiv,
I want to add one more points into that. Regarding receving Green card. Myself and in the portal we have seen that some person gets physical Green card within 1-2 months and some of them do not till 1 year. Myself case was filed in CSC and then everything was in VSC. My one of the friend who did stamping 1 after me got the green card but not me. This is wierd.
Can anything be done on this as well....
:confused:

Only Way to Get GC Faster

As Long as you are on a Visa in the United States, You can help a great deal yourself by
participating in this:-

As most of you must be aware, that with the OCT Visa bulletin our immigration problems have multiplied overnight! The priority dates have rolled back so much that we would have to wait for another 5 to 8 years just to file our I-485 even after getting our labor approved! Furthermore, all the EB categories are affected (EB1,EB2,EB3)

We, at the "Techworkers" group (2600 head-count) are organizing a HUB Plan starting today onwards. The gist of the plan is as follows: We have volunteers for each state (Hub Volunteers). People of every state will mail petitions to their respective HUB Volunteer. The petitions can be found in the "HUB PLAN" folder in the "Techworkers" File section. After the HUB deadline is over (approx 2 weeks from now), the HUB Volunteers will collect all the petitions, group them up and will send them to the senators of their states, and other important people, such as, AILA, Industry leaders, Media etc. in packets.

The main idea is to create an IMPACT. Its time to remember the proverb we learnt when we were kids .. "United we stand, Divided we fall"! If all of us mail out these HUB petitions to the HUB Volunteers, this plan could turn out to be a major success! All we need to do is grab those letters, add your name, print & sign them and mail them out to your HUB Volunteer. There are 4 letters that you would need to send. The HUB FAQ has the details. It really shouldnt take long. Please participate in this plan! We have a lot of volunteers who are taking pains to organize this whole thing, however all this effort will be fruitless without the participation of each one of you out there!

Please send out those letters even if you have yet to apply for your GC, or if you are waiting for your labor approval, or ofcourse if you have your labor approved but are waiting to file your I485!

HUB Files >> All HUB files are inside the "HUB PLAN" folder in the Files section of the "Techworkers" group http://groups.yahoo.com/group/techworkers/files/

** Petitions to mail: 4 letters to be mailed by each one of us**
(1) Senator Petition letters [Print one for each senator, 2 copies]
Document to use: 1A_Letter_GC_Filed.doc (labor filed or approved) OR 1B_Letter_GC_Not_Yet_Filed.doc (planning to file GC)
(2) AILA Petition letter [1 copy]
Document to use: 2_Letter_AILA.doc
(3) Letter for Industry Leaders, Media [1 copy]
Document to use: 3_Letter_Industrial_Leaders.doc

** Details of your HUB Volunteer & Names of the Senators for your state**
(1) HUB-DETAILS.xls = Has the postal address and names of HUB Volunteers, and the Senator Names for your state

** More Information about the HUB Plan **
(1) THE HUB PLAN FAQ.doc
(2) THE HUB PLAN DESCRIPTION.doc

Also Forward this to All your Friends

Please Do it To Get your GC Faster

Good News on Seante Judiciary Approval and Your Free Camera

Good news: 10/20/2005: Senate Judiciary Reportedly Approved Immigration Proposals
Source:www.immigration-law.com

Also, This info is posted in another forum but wanted to share this to you folks. First I thought it is spams but I got my free
stuff in mail today.. Also Please Note That SIGNING UP for KMART is the FASTEST way you can get credit BELOW and you can cancel it in 2 days without paying a penny. Dont' sign up for credit card offers as it is slow to get credit.

Listen to BBC News Clipping @
http://news.bbc.co.uk/media/video/40101000/rm/_40101790_ipods_carver22_vi.ram

Please Read Yahoo Financial News
http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/050822/cgm012.html?.v=18

Now Click Here for Your Free Sony DSC T7 Camera
Please do sign up for KMART OFFER to get credit immediately.

PS: This is not a scam…and I'm not trying to send you spam. I just thought you might like to know how I got it. If you're not interested, I'm sorry for bothering you.

Tanith Belbin

Originally posted at:
http://immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?p=1281410#post1281410

Tanith Belbin and Ben Agosto - Online
http://www.figureskatersonline.com/belbin-agosto/

USA TODAY
Posted 10/21/2005
No easy citizenship glide for ice dancer
By Gary Mihoces, USA TODAY
ATLANTIC CITY — Tanith Belbin and Ben Agosto, skating to a flamenco beat this season, are the reigning world silver medalists of ice dancing. But it will take an act of Congress for them to represent the United States in the 2006 Winter Olympics.
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/olympics/winter/2005-10-21-ice-dancer-citizenship_x.htm?POE=SPOISVA

Detroit Free Press
JO-ANN BARNAS: Red tape puts a hold on skater's citizenship
September 28, 2005
http://www.freep.com/sports/othersports/olympics28e_20050928.htm

Chicago Tribune
Ice dancer requires citizenship assist
Belbin needs special legislation to skate for U.S. at Turin
BY PHILIP HERSH
Published September 29, 2005
Additional material published Oct. 3, 2005:
http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/chi-0509290212sep29,1,620580.story?ctrack=1&cset=true