Employment based immigration backlog petition

There is a provision there for only the 485 applicants - we need one for the approvals too - they would want to be a part of this for their citizenship.

What is the Alien #?

Is the Alien # mentioned on the I-485/EAD? This is a required field to sign the petition

Re: What is the Alien #?

Originally posted by waitingL1
Is the Alien # mentioned on the I-485/EAD? This is a required field to sign the petition

you can find the A# on your EAD card.

waitingL1,
If you look at your 485 Receipt notice or EAD receipt notice, you will find A# in the type of notice. If you want further help, please let me know.

-rajum

All of you may ask your spouses to sign separately (so that we get bigger representation) because their I485 application can be counted as a separate application.

How about cases not pending at Service Centers

There is one required field asking which service center the case is pending. There is no way for persons whose cases are pending at local office to sign petition to support the litigation.

Can operator add pending cases at local office in the petition?

would like to sign...but..

Hi all,
I would love to sign in, but cannot do so because mu comapy prohibits us from
a. Doing a status enquiry
b. contacting any political party
c. Forget about signing on a lawsuit

My attorney has even warned me that it is a company policy and if I do not follow, we may even be terminated.

I am sorry; Hope there are not many people like me who want to sign-up but cannot do it. I will, however be there with you guys in spirit.

Re: would like to sign...but..

Originally posted by sv20
Hi all,

My attorney has even warned me that it is a company policy and if I do not follow, we may even be terminated.

I am sorry; Hope there are not many people like me who want to sign-up but cannot do it. I will, however be there with you guys in spirit.

Your silent support is equally welcome.

Re: would like to sign...but..

Originally posted by sv20
Hi all,

This is not leagl. A company cannot terminate anyone if one wants to find out his/her own application status by either doing a status enquiry or contacting a political party.

If this is a company policy, then it can be challenged in court and you will win rest assured. Some companies have such weird immigration policies and they think that employees will get scared and keep quiet...but employees have rights too.....this is a case for you to make some quick bucks dude.

http://boards.immigration.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=112838&perpage=15&pagenumber=9

Originally posted by operations
I will present our broad areas of concern. For example, loss of job, death, children's college, citizenship, etc. Let me ask them what they will do about it. Right now, I do not know if they will meet with us. Their counsel had told me that he will strongly recommend that the govt should meet with us.

So, I think that is the way to go.

In the mean time, get everyone you know (and their depedants) to sign our petition for class counsel.

Whenever I logon to this forum, I see around 750 active users (around 150 members and around 600 guests) browsing this forum but I see only 250+ signatures supporting this petition. Please go ahead and sign the petition supporting class counsel.

Request for your support in I-485 litigation

Last edited by a moderator:
whom to complaint to ..????

Here is a very pitiful situation .. of one of my buddies ..
His father was supposed to come to USA last month , every thing worked out well , till his father board the flight and reached the port of entry .
At the port of entry , the officers discovered that the page of his VISa Stamp was not there .
My friend's father was ill-treated , interrogated , misbehaved with , and immediately deported back to India .
He visited USA couple of times in the past , and has a 10 yr M .Entry Visa .

HIS VISA PAGE WAS STOLEN IN INDIAN INT'L AIRPORT (Chennai) .
HOW PAINFULL AND SHABBY IT IS .....!!!

Now my buddy is so broken and dishearten .. and does not want to even share this with any one .
But I am stepping up for him , to know what needs to be done ? Whom to approach for the injustice done to that respectable senior citizen of INDIA ....

Any help or guidance is GREATELY appreciated !!!!!

is it possible not to show the people real name on the list?

it's risky for some people if the employer find it out . especially lossing job means lossing GC..

Originally posted by lz25888

it's risky for some people if the employer find it out . especially lossing job means lossing GC..

We can hide any field we want. But I see no need for it. Why should the employers object? Please comment.

operations quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by lz25888

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We can hide any field we want. But I see no need for it. Why should the employers object? Please comment.

Rajiv,

May be the smaller employer or body shoppers want to exploit on some pretext or other. Most of the people take precaution when it comes to putting there name on the Net specially with a popular site like yours. You know IT industry enough may be you don't have client like that {may be they can't afford you ;) }

People are not afraid to participate in Lawsuit specially when this is in able hand. Here is the Suggestion - Let there portal user Id be displayed. Everybody will submit necessary information & you can use that while representing us.

You can give a similar option like you have given for email- public/private i.e. display name or portal id.

my 2 cents

Regards-