• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Employer filing I-485 EB2 based and just found out I am selected for DV 2017

hkpgc

Hi,
My employer will be filing my I-485 based on Employment based shortly, and I just found out that I have been selected for the 2017 DV Green card through Uganda birth.
My question is what will be the quickest way to obtain the green card? Both require a I-485 filing and currently where my employer will send the I-485 is Texas Service Center which is currently looking at 2 August 2015 filed petitions. For DV my priority reference number is 24xxx, and I expect that to become current in April 2017 (as per previous years statastics), after which I can file the I-485 for DV. Where would I send the DV I-485 and how long does it take to get approval?
As I am UK citizen I am able to do consular processing, but will this make getting the DV green card any quicker?
Will it cause any issue if I apply for DV green card i.e. file I-485, even after employer has filed I-485 and it is in Pending status?

Thanks,
H

Last edited by a moderator:
1. Quickest way? DV based AOS
2. Chicago Lockbox. Takes about 3-4 months on average, a lot depends on your assigned FO (Field Office).
3. Your UK citizenship is immaterial if you're unable to show a current home address in the UK if you decide to process CP, which by the way is faster than AOS.
4. Not a problem. It's not unusual to have more than one AOS petitionin the system at the same time.

If you want to learn more about DV based AOS, I suggest you go over to the AOS 2017 Thread. Read the first post on page one of that Thread and use the link it contains for accessing the AOS process spreadsheet.

I've edited your posted CN for your privacy (of course I don't know if the posted number is your actual CN or not).

Thanks SM1SMOM. I took a look through the detailed spreadsheet that contains very useful information. With regards to the Medical being valid only 6 months does this mean that the date when the form was obtained has to be within 6 months of filing the I-485, or the form must be valid throughout the I-485 approval process?

The CN was just a guide so no worries.

The medical is expected to be valid throughout the process. For none DV based AOS cases, there are documented instances of petitioners being asked to submit new medical results before they got approved.

For DV based cases, I don't have a documented case of anyone being asked to submit a new medical report. However, my recommendation has been and continues to be for people to only do the medical exam close to when they will be filing.

Please post subsequent AOS related questions on the AOS Thread. We prefer to keep all of that information together on one Thread to avoid confusing none AOSers in the forum.