• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Embassy league table....

If 52.5K visas were issued out of 55K available, does it mean that 2.5K visas were not issued during that fiscal year??

If 52.5K visas were issued out of 55K available, does it mean that 2.5K visas were not issued during that fiscal year??

Ahhh I see. Well yes and no. If you read various statements there were only 50K available. So - all of those were used up. The other 5k of the original 55k are reserved for NACARA, so they obviously allowed DV to use some of those (but not all of them).

Yeah, I have noticed they have consistently been unable to meet the 55K annual goal since 2004 (may be even since 1990). Why do you think that is?

Yeah, I have noticed they have consistently been unable to meet the 55K annual goal since 2004 (may be even since 1990). Why do you think that is?

Again. Because the quota is 50000!

The additional 5000 are not supposed to be used by DV. They have allowed it to go over 50000 some years but that is because the actual quota is used up.

I can't think of any other way to say it.

Oh, ok.
However, I've noticed that they have allowed it to go over 50K only in the past 3-4 years.

I don't believe it is "allowed" so much as that demand has risen (what I mean is it didn't have to be "allowed" to do it before). (And it didn't hit there in 2012 because of the mess with the redraw). And this is partly why everyone used to go current (since about 2006), and that is no longer the case.