• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Education Question

PatShe

I'm a DV 2015 Selectee aged 61. I completed high school, but did not obtain an official diploma (just a letter stating the grades in my final year of HS. I immigrated to Canada shortly after HS and attended University and graduated with a diploma (4 year). I have tried to obtain a HS diploma, but the school no longer exists. My interview will be in Montreal. Does anyone have any thoughts on how sticky they will be about the HS diploma given that I have a university diploma?

I'm a DV 2015 Selectee aged 61. I completed high school, but did not obtain an official diploma (just a letter stating the grades in my final year of HS. I immigrated to Canada shortly after HS and attended University and graduated with a diploma (4 year). I have tried to obtain a HS diploma, but the school no longer exists. My interview will be in Montreal. Does anyone have any thoughts on how sticky they will be about the HS diploma given that I have a university diploma?

Go with the letter you have from the school. The fact that you were accepted into the University will help and the Uni diploma will be useful - so - take it all to the interview.

Go with the letter you have from the school. The fact that you were accepted into the University will help and the Uni diploma will be useful - so - take it all to the interview.
Many thanks for your reply. Somehow it did not seem terribly important almost 45 years ago now and now it's may be back to bite me. I'm an SA selectee; 2015000016XX.

Many thanks for your reply. Somehow it did not seem terribly important almost 45 years ago now and now it's may be back to bite me. I'm an SA selectee; 2015000016XX.

Do you have family in the USA? What is driving you to relocate?

Anyone have any thoughts as to whether the SA2015000016XX number might have an interview in 2015. I'm also hedging my bets and entering the 2016 lottery. Thanks.

Anyone have any thoughts as to whether the SA2015000016XX number might have an interview in 2015. I'm also hedging my bets and entering the 2016 lottery. Thanks.

SA will have had a slight increase in quota (not big, but not a reduction at least!).

Density should be about the same as DV2014.

The only factor that could affect SA is the DS260 - whether the "ease" of submission means more people proceed, OR whether the DS260 processing delay has caused long term impact to the numbers. My guess right now is that neither of those factors will have long term impact.

So - 16xx is just within the range for last year. It isn't 100% safe, but has very good chances. 1601 would be much safer than 1699.