Education Of Children

I used to follow this thread and thought of coming back for help. here is another situation, i think i have read that we can apply for FAFSA or FSA, but the finaical aid office of a university in califronia is not willing to listen and they want proof of support even before they accept the application. can you please guide me in what i should do or who i should call to gain better understanding. i thought for some reason that we are eligible if we have filed for I-485, please advise.
also i just called FAFSA number and they told me that i cannot apply unless i am a permanent resident

Definition of Parolee

Is sombody who applied I-485 (and Received Advance Parole) considered a Parolee? When I called USCIS, they said I-485 application and Advance Parole does not make you a Parolee. If so, then somebody who has applied I-485 waiting for Green Card does not seem to be eligible for FAFSA. Could somebody please help if this statement is true?

Check this...

On 08/18/2003 FSA issued a list of updates. Volume 1; Bullet 3 reads:

...We have revised the guidance regarding parolees as eligible noncitizens in chapter 2. The new text now states that parolees are eligible noncitizens if paroled into the U.S. for at least a year and if they can provide evidence from the Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Services (BCIS, formerly the Immigration and Naturalization Service or INS) that they are in the U.S. for other than a temporary purpose with the intent to become citizens or permanent residents. A valid application for lawful permanent resident status on file with the BCIS would meet this criterion

Clear enough...

http://ifap.ed.gov/sfahandbooks/030...tesChanges.html

I wanted to find out if anyone who has been in the situation below has been successful in getting FAFSA aid:
1) Originally on H-4 visa
2) Recieved SSN, EAD, Advance Parole from UCIS.
3) I-485 adjustment has been pending for more than 1 year.

Thanks in advance.

Amit