EB5 to citizenship

rayjacky

Hi everyone,

I'm an EB5 investor. I received my gc in 2009 and received my 10 year card in 2011. I applied for citizenship and had my interview today. I passed the test but the officer kept asking me which company I invested and didn't approve me on the spot .( I know they usually say I'll give my recommendation) but he didn't say that and said he'll contact me in the next few months.

What's that supposed to mean? One of the lawyers I know said that the neutralization officers are not knowledgeable in the EB5 and they take some time to verify the investment money. I don't know I'm just frustrated and concerned at this point.

Do any of you have similar experience? What should I expect now?

Thanks in advance for the help!

Right now all you can do is wait ... but you don't have to wait forever. By law they must give you a decision within 120 days after the interview, otherwise you can file 1447(b) with the court to force USCIS to make a decision or to have the court itself decide your case.

waiting is killing me. It was all going fine and we were done with the test under 2 mins. He said OK great and started going thru my application. started with the basic stuff name last name occupation etc.. and then he came to the part how I first got the GC and where I invested and he looked at the papers and said how many other investors are there? I said I don't know. He seemed puzzled like he didn't know what EB5 is.. He took my papers and went inside and came back and continued with the questions and he said "there are a lot of Chinese investors in your investor group" I said I didn't know any of them which is true. HE said he'll be contacting us. This is so frustrating and disappointing. I don't know what to expect now and I'm kinda worried..

They may send you a letter asking for documents to show that it's a legitimate business which meets all the relevant criteria (amount of money you invested, jobs created etc.). So start gathering those documents from now.

Yes, you already submitted that stuff when you applied for the 10-year card, but during the citizenship process they do have the right to question and investigate your green card eligibility.

I submitted that information 5 years ago and they checked it twice.. one while granting me the gc and second time while they issue the 10year card. I really don't understand..