EB5 but has fraud history, possible?

eagleswing

Registered Users (C)
I need some urgent helps here, please let me know if anybody can help. I am under H-1 and I fraudulently signed immigration doc. myself when petition submitted. My employer was just too busy and I did it myself. Petition approved, but I got caught.

I still would like to pursue GC, but with the record I have, what are my options? Here are what I think, please help me to evaluate:

Investing either $500K or $1M (all the money are legitimate).
I contacted lawyers and they told me that if I pursue EB5 I will have problem at the interview. INS will see that I have fraud record in the past and very possibly they will refuse my right for GC, no matter what.

What even worse is: even if luck strikes me today (e.g. I won GC lottery) still I will have same problems at the interview where they have that record. Basically it is like dead-end for me now.

Please advise what to do.
Please note that I don't have any criminal background, never have drugs etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
The fact that you committed fraud on an application to the INS will most likely be criminal enought for them to cause you no end of problems at the interview. Check with a good lawyer and also verify if there are routes that are cheaper i.e. EB1 or EB2 for you rather than EB5 if you have employer you can have them submit one of these for you and they will be provided ROW around 1 year to get the GC and then if interview occurs you would know if it was worth risking the 1million

Immigration fraud makes you inadmissible for life. You can try a I-601 waiver, but in this case I would be shocked if they grant it.

have you consulted with any attorneys regarding this? if not, i would, someone suggested 601 waiver but ive heard that these are almost impossible. an experienced attorney should be able to suggest some routes around it, may be there is an appeal procedure to go in front of the IJ.

how about getting married to a US citizen?

good luck

I need some urgent helps here, please let me know if anybody can help. I am under H-1 and I fraudulently signed immigration doc. myself when petition submitted. My employer was just too busy and I did it myself. Petition approved, but I got caught.

I still would like to pursue GC, but with the record I have, what are my options? Here are what I think, please help me to evaluate:

Investing either $500K or $1M (all the money are legitimate).
I contacted lawyers and they told me that if I pursue EB5 I will have problem at the interview. INS will see that I have fraud record in the past and very possibly they will refuse my right for GC, no matter what.

What even worse is: even if luck strikes me today (e.g. I won GC lottery) still I will have same problems at the interview where they have that record. Basically it is like dead-end for me now.

Please advise what to do.
Please note that I don't have any criminal background, never have drugs etc.

eagleswing,
there have definitely been fraud cases linked to the eb5 program. You should do a lot of research before choosing a project to invest in. This article from floridatrend gives a good background on this topic,