1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. A journalist is interested in finding a Canadian who has overstayed their legal visit to the United States and is willing to talk about their story and why this happened. Given the topic, he said he can quote them anonymously in the story if necessary. Please contact him by "Clicking Here"

Dismiss Notice

EB3 / EB2 question

Discussion in 'PERM' started by Dileep Warrier, Mar 16, 2017 at 9:18 AM.

1. Dileep Warrier

Dileep Warrier New Member

Hello there,

I currently hold a BS Engineering from Canada and am employed in the US.
    Thinking of starting my TN to GC application with my current employer under EB3.

I have the following questions regarding this :

1) Is it necessary to have a masters in engineering from a US university in order to qualify for EB2 ? For example, what if I pursue this MS/Meng from Canada and find a job that requires a masters degree ?

2) As I understand, the EB2 to EB3 porting can be performed under the same priority date that was obtained initially with the EB3, correct ?

I really just wanted to understand if the Masters in US or Canada makes a difference on these EB3 to EB2 porting applications -- anyone with input / advice on how to proceed ?

Tuition is almost half in Canada :)

Thanks a lot !