EB2 - how long and eligibility

pixie05

Hi all!
My first question is how long does is take to do PERM in the EB2 category (just an average, because I realize everyone's case will be different)?
And, secondly, would a Masters degree (in a job requiring a Masters), as well as 3 years work experience be enough to qualify for it?
Thanks
Pixie

Hi all!
My first question is how long does is take to do PERM in the EB2 category (just an average, because I realize everyone's case will be different)?
And, secondly, would a Masters degree (in a job requiring a Masters), as well as 3 years work experience be enough to qualify for it?
Thanks
Pixie
1. From 1 month to 4 months - Atlanta Center
2. From 3 weeks to 1 month - Chicago Center
3. Yes, you qualify for EB2. I have M+0....

as long as you have a 3 yr bach and 3 yr mast or a 4 yr bach and 2 yr master's, then you would qualify, yes.

(clicked submit too soon)

your employer also has to agree that they would only hire someone with a master's degree and X # years of experience. they will also have to approve the higher salary that goes along with the EB2 category.

a perm case takes approx 60-90 days to prepare and file - and depending on the DOL center, anywhere from 1 day to 1 yr. Most of our Chicago cases are approved within 1 day to 2 weeks. Atlanta cases are not great... we have several that pend there for a while.

Hi there,

I have a bachelors degree in Economics and Bio w/specialization in Neurosicence, received in 2004 from a University in the US (4yrs). I also have been working for the Neurology Department since 2001. In total I have 7 years of experience but I only have 3 years of post-baccalaureate experience... My attorney assured me that I would still qualify as EB2 even though my experience overlaps with my education.

Now the advertisement does NOT specify that I have 5 yrs of post baccalaureate experience. It simply says 5 years of experience in related field.

We have filed for Labor Cert recently hoping that this would be under EB2 and that I would qualify for EB2. After reading some of the messages here, 1. it doesn't seem like I would qualify for EB2 and 2. it also doesn't seem like the job will necessarily be categorized under EB2.

When I was reading the I-140 application, I saw a paragraph after the general requirements for EB2 category that one may also prove eligibility for EB2 category by providing some evidence such as proof of degree, 10 years of full time experience, awards, membership to societies, letters from peers or institutions etc. I happen to be a member of a couple societies specific to Neuroscience, have multiple publications in Neurology journals and of course a degree relevant to Neuroscience. Would these things by any chance qualify me as EB2?

Also, more generally, who decides whether the job is EB2 and whether the person is qualified for EB2? If for some reason my job gets categorized as EB3, do I still have a chance of getting I140 approved as EB3 or is it immediately denied since I was ATTEMPTING to be categorized as EB2 but fall under EB3? Please help....

EB-2 eligibility, qualifications, future hires...

(clicked submit too soon)

your employer also has to agree that they would only hire someone with a master's degree and X # years of experience. they will also have to approve the higher salary that goes along with the EB2 category.

a perm case takes approx 60-90 days to prepare and file - and depending on the DOL center, anywhere from 1 day to 1 yr. Most of our Chicago cases are approved within 1 day to 2 weeks. Atlanta cases are not great... we have several that pend there for a while.

Hi all,

So does that mean that if my employer states in my application that the position I hold (Computer Programmer) requires a master's degree then ALL future hires would also require a Master's degree hired in that same position?

I graduated with a Masters in Elec Engg. from a university here in the US; and hired by my company straight from school 3yrs ago.

From what I've been reading through various threads, it appears that having a Master's with 0 yrs experience qualifies for EB-2. However my lawyer, says that the degree is just not enough, it also has to satisfy the prevailing wage, skill level, experience and the position type i.e. managerial responsibilities etc. The prevailing wage and skill level (3) check out; I don't have any management role in the company and I also lack experience (0 yrs), and thats where he mentions that eventhough you put Master's it would put you in EB-3... I'd like to believe otherwise, but is this a valid argument?

For my position i.e. Computer Programmer, a Master's is not required unless it can be proved by my company that it is a business requirement and show that most of the recent hires in this position have a Master's degree (this can be proved by HR, also consulted the CEO of my firm). Has anyone provided similar proof, and if so what exactly has to be shown, how many hires, timeframe?

I'd appreciate any help...

Thanks

CosmoCyclops...