EB1 from outside of US

raj_076

Hello,

I am a Permanent resident of Canada and I stayed 7 years in US on L1-B initially and then on L1-A and then eventually moved to Canada on PR. I am considering migrating to US but do you know whether EB-1 (under Executive managerial category) can be applied with me being outside of US. I don't want to move to US on L1-A and then have my company apply EB-1 for me. Instead want to have my employer apply for EB-1 first and only on successful approval, move to US. Reason being I am on PR and counting towards my Canadian citizenship hence don't want to leave Canada for US unless it is confirmed that I will be approved on EB-1.

In other words, can EB-1 be applied with the applicant being outside of US and working for the same company in a managerial capacity (I already qualify for the requirement of one year employment as manager outside of US in the last three years ) ? Any pros and cons around this that I should know of before I speak with my employer on this ?

Thanks for all your inputs...

Regrds,
Raj

I have some enquiry about EB1 EA.As I have Us multiple visitor visa ,I wanna come US and apply for EB 1 EA.My question is that must I stay for few months before apply for EB1 EA or I can apply immediately after reaching US through attorney.I was told by one of friends in US that one with visitor visa must stay for at least 60days before applying for EB1 EA.PLease anyone put some lights on it..I will be highly thankful.

Hello,

I am a Permanent resident of Canada and I stayed 7 years in US on L1-B initially and then on L1-A and then eventually moved to Canada on PR. I am considering migrating to US but do you know whether EB-1 (under Executive managerial category) can be applied with me being outside of US. I don't want to move to US on L1-A and then have my company apply EB-1 for me. Instead want to have my employer apply for EB-1 first and only on successful approval, move to US. Reason being I am on PR and counting towards my Canadian citizenship hence don't want to leave Canada for US unless it is confirmed that I will be approved on EB-1.

In other words, can EB-1 be applied with the applicant being outside of US and working for the same company in a managerial capacity (I already qualify for the requirement of one year employment as manager outside of US in the last three years ) ? Any pros and cons around this that I should know of before I speak with my employer on this ?

Thanks for all your inputs...

Regrds,
Raj

Hi Raj,

I'm sharing this link with more info on EB1 visa that might help you. USCIS Link https://www.uscis.gov/working-unite...yment-based-immigration-first-preference-eb-1

Best of luck to you.

I have some enquiry about EB1 EA.As I have Us multiple visitor visa ,I wanna come US and apply for EB 1 EA.My question is that must I stay for few months before apply for EB1 EA or I can apply immediately after reaching US through attorney.I was told by one of friends in US that one with visitor visa must stay for at least 60days before applying for EB1 EA.PLease anyone put some lights on it..I will be highly thankful.

Hi Amir,

This is information from the USCIS website in terms of EB1 visa https://www.uscis.gov/eir/visa-guid...nding-eb-1-requirements-extraordinary-ability

I'm not sure about the time you need to be in the U.S. but there is nothing listed in regards to that. Probably others with experience on this can share.