EB-1 Multinational Manager

Multinational manager EB1-c

Dear Gurus,
I am a Multinational Manager and have applied I-485 under EB1-c. I have taken biometrics FP under code 3 on 14th march 2008. I was on L1A and was employed since 2004 in usa and 1993 in India by the Parent company.
The Priority dates are current for me as well as processing dates too. But there is no change in LUD ever since the RD.
My questions are : How much time will it take to process the GC now.
When NVC will issue me the visa as my priority date is current in April Bulletin.
Will there be any interview?
How can I check the status of AP?
Like what is the remaining process after the FP?
My details are
I-140 RD is Dec 2006
140 approved in Jan 2008
485/EAD/AP applied in Feb 2008 RD Feb11 2008
FP code 3 done 03/14/08

Now What next???

Dear Gurus,
I am a Multinational Manager and have applied I-485 under EB1-c. I have taken biometrics FP under code 3 on 14th march 2008. I was on L1A and was employed since 2004 in usa and 1993 in India by the Parent company.
The Priority dates are current for me as well as processing dates too. But there is no change in LUD ever since the RD.
My questions are : How much time will it take to process the GC now.
When NVC will issue me the visa as my priority date is current in April Bulletin.
Will there be any interview?
How can I check the status of AP?
Like what is the remaining process after the FP?
My details are
I-140 RD is Dec 2006
140 approved in Jan 2008
485/EAD/AP applied in Feb 2008 RD Feb11 2008
FP code 3 done 03/14/08

Now What next???

Eddy,

Normally there is a LUD around the date of your FP. I assume since your post is dated 17th March, within 2 days of FP, you must have had a LUD by now. Other than that you have to check the processing dates of the service center where you have filed for your I-485. Normally it takes anywhere from 6 to 8 months for I-485.

You can check the status of AP using the receipt number on the top left of your receipt notice.

Depending on your case you may or may not get an interview call.

Let me know if you need any more help.

- Gemini
------------------------
I-140/I-485/FP/AP - Applied Jan'2008
AP/FP Approved - Mar'2008

Thanks Gemini,

I have no LUD since March 08.

As per the processing times in TSC on April 15 base the date is 29th june 2007 and if I calculate accordingly they will start processing my 485 around Feb 2009 and my L1 status is also due to expire around same time. Now Do I have to file another extention for it ??? coz putting an extention again means around 3k expenditure.

thanks again

Thanks Gemini,

I have no LUD since March 08.

As per the processing times in TSC on April 15 base the date is 29th june 2007 and if I calculate accordingly they will start processing my 485 around Feb 2009 and my L1 status is also due to expire around same time. Now Do I have to file another extention for it ??? coz putting an extention again means around 3k expenditure.

thanks again

You dont need extension if you already have EAD. It is your call if you want to keep your L1A status, this is NOT a requirement.

Dear Gemini,

Thanks again for the info.

I just recd the EAD cards today. Though I was under impression that when we apply for AOS our previous status whatever it is gets suspended. But if its an option to choose and anybody decides not to apply the extention and for some reason his/her 485 gets denial than that persons EAD also becomes VOID. What would be the circumstances in this scenario.

Hi,

I am working for an indian MNC in US for last 3 years. My client has major operations in China. He is asking me to join him as direct employee.
If I join this Client in US as direct employee (Program Manager) and be deputed to their China office for 1 year as Program manager, can he apply for my GC in EB1 category after I complete one year in China office?

Thanks for your time.

Hi,
I am working as Product Manager with one of the small US companies and manage operations in US and our office in India. I am currently on H1 B and completed 4 yrs out of 6 yrs. I have total 10+ yrs of experience working with Software industry. My current company is ready to file my GC in EB1 category and ready to provide all the documentation required. My question is that, can I file my GC in EB1 category with all above scenarios?

Thanks a lot in advance.
SotManager

Eb1c

Hi

I am working as a Manager for a multinational company @ Canada office since last 18 months. Our company head office is at New York, USA and I am actually working on USA projects from Canada. I can get transfered to USA any time if I want.

Another thing - though I am Manager, I don't manage people. I am a functional manager.

My question is, can I get I-140 filed under EB-1(c) while living in canada and then move to USA after the approval of I-140 or do I need to get transfered to usa office first (under L1 or H1) and then file I-140 while in USA.

Our immigration lawyer wants me to be in USA first to file for I-140 under EB-1(c) for which I am not ready. I want to stay in Canada until end of 2008 and get the canadian citizenship and then move to USA on L1. Though if we file for EB-1 now, it gets approved by the time I am ready to move to USA so taht my wait time will be only for I-485.

Thanks

Hi Sonali,
what does it exactly mean by functional manager. I have L1A ( transferred from L1b) and I just want to confirm that my outside US responisibilities can be covered in functional manager role. Plz advice

The term “functional” or “function manager” applies generally when a beneficiary does not supervise or control the work of a subordinate staff, but instead is primarily responsible for managing an "essential function" within the organization.

The definition of the term “manager” includes functional managers. A manager may qualify for EB1C classification as a functional manager if the petitioner can show, among other things, that the beneficiary will be primarily managing or directing the management of a function of an organization, even if the beneficiary does not directly supervise any employees. See http://www.greencardapply.com/manager/mang_faq.htm