EAD renewal

SH95

Registered Users (C)
Gurus,

I am about to apply for my 3rd EAD. To avoid hefty lawyer fee, this time i will do it all by myself. I have a couple of questions need your kind answer.

1. Since INS changed to BCIS, what's the exact mailing address for EAD applications?

2. Is it required to have a copy of I-94 card attached? My I-94 card has expired and i don't have a valid one.

3. Do i have to attach marriage certificate for my wife's EAD renewal? She's the dependent.

4. Do i have to attach signature card or finger print card?

Thanks for your help!

ND: 02/02
FP: 03/03

I just did myself. First download EAD application form from BICS's website, read instructions carefully. It answers all questions you asked here.

I believe the document you need are (same for your wife's case):
1. Photocopy of your current EAD
2. Two INS photos (with your name and A# written in the back)
3. $120 per application
4. Photocopy of your current I-94. I-94 itself doesn't expire.

Attach your 2nd EAD's... top tear-ff portion

When you got your EAD Card, it is inserted in some thick paper and you have to send the top tear-off portion of that paper for faster processing. It will have your name and A#. INS suggests to attach that portion also.

Paying Immigration-Related Fees After March 1, 20

On March 1, 2003, the INS became a part of the Department of Homeland Security. INS immigration fees for immigration services and benefits previously payable to the "Immigration and Naturalization Service" should no longer be made out to INS. They should now be made payable to the "Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Services." (Note: Payments that have already been submitted made payable to the "Immigration and Naturalization Service" will continue to be accepted.)

Here is the link
http://www.bcis.gov/graphics/fieldoffices/fees.htm

Re: Attach your 2nd EAD's... top tear-ff portion

Originally posted by venkat_kodi
When you got your EAD Card, it is inserted in some thick paper and you have to send the top tear-off portion of that paper for faster processing. It will have your name and A#. INS suggests to attach that portion also.

Can you give us the link where INS "suggests to attach that portion also", as I failed to spot it in my extensive research.

texa - If you have saved your original EAD copy and the letter associated with it, please read through that letter and it says, "Please send the top portion to speed up the renewal process". Hope that answers your question

Madhav

My current EAD is an interim one from Atlanta office. So i don't have that paper you guys talk about. Amazingly my previous EAD renewal still pending since 11/08/02! Now i am doing another EAD renewal. I hope they get approved at the same time!:) :(