EAD Renewal

magic_mail

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I have applied to renew my EAD on May 30th, still waiting for approval. My current EAD will expire on August 8th, what will happen if i did not receive approval before August 8th.

I am working with same employer who sponsored my GC.

I think you would have to go to the nearest immigration office and get a interim EAD if you don't get the new one by Aug 8th.

But there is a catch there as you have to have the application for the new EAD pending for at least 120 days and it seems that is not the case with you.
You may have to stop working until Sept 30th or so.

That what my understanding is.

someone please clarify if something has changed in this rule.

Lately I am hearing a lot of people getting RFC on their EAD application to provide fresh Biometrics, and the RFC recommends to keep the employer status. Don't know what they mean by that.

Neo

I think you would have to go to the nearest immigration office and get a interim EAD if you don't get the new one by Aug 8th.

But there is a catch there as you have to have the application for the new EAD pending for at least 120 days and it seems that is not the case with you.
You may have to stop working until Sept 30th or so.

That what my understanding is.

someone please clarify if something has changed in this rule.

Lately I am hearing a lot of people getting RFC on their EAD application to provide fresh Biometrics, and the RFC recommends to keep the employer status. Don't know what they mean by that.

Neo

I think you correct. Also they have stopped issuing interim EAD's unless anything has changed recently that I am not aware of. You should have received renewal till now, it takes 60 days, I have same PD and category as magic_mail.

Hi,

I have applied to renew my EAD on May 30th, still waiting for approval. My current EAD will expire on August 8th, what will happen if i did not receive approval before August 8th.

I am working with same employer who sponsored my GC.

You missed the important part in your details. Are you working on EAD currently? I assume not because you are with the same employer.

If that's the case then you don't need to worry about anything. No harm to you even if you don't receive your EAD renewal on time. Moreover you can't get interim EAD at local offices.

Don't worry you are fine.

Magicmail, check the EAD forum - there were some EADs that were approved in the mid-June timeframe, but no approval notice or cards were sent.

Me and my spouse applied at around that time - my EAD was approved 15 days after spouse - but I got my card, spouse didn't... we did not know what was going on as online showed the case as approved and card ordered. Well, at the end of July we called the 1800 number, and they re-ordered - we got the card within 5 days.

A bunch of people had this happen - but I think all had to call. Like I said, check the EAD forum. What does your online status show?

You missed the important part in your details. Are you working on EAD currently? I assume not because you are with the same employer.

If that's the case then you don't need to worry about anything. No harm to you even if you don't receive your EAD renewal on time. Moreover you can't get interim EAD at local offices.

Don't worry you are fine.

blues22,

i am working on EAD...i guess you are right because when i spoke to my HR they say you are good as long as application is not denied...

EAD renewal - USPS delivery

Hi:
I recently efiled my EAD renewal. I sent documents to texas with mail address mentioned in the efile notice with PO box#.
Today when i track online (USPS) it says:

We attempted to deliver your item at 2:02 PM on August 7, 2008 in MESQUITE, TX 75185 and a notice was left. It can be redelivered or picked up at the Post Office. If the item is unclaimed, it will be returned to the sender. Information, if available, is updated every evening. Please check again later.

What does it mean? is there any problem?
please help me.

It's okay!

You check it tomorrow. It should be fine. Samething happenned to me and next day early morning the status has been changed to Delivered in USPS site.

Hi:
I recently efiled my EAD renewal. I sent documents to texas with mail address mentioned in the efile notice with PO box#.
Today when i track online (USPS) it says:

We attempted to deliver your item at 2:02 PM on August 7, 2008 in MESQUITE, TX 75185 and a notice was left. It can be redelivered or picked up at the Post Office. If the item is unclaimed, it will be returned to the sender. Information, if available, is updated every evening. Please check again later.

What does it mean? is there any problem?
please help me.