EAD renewal - is filing fee required ?

psman

Registered Users (C)
Could anyone let me know if I am eligible to renew my EAD (which expires in August of 2012) without having the need to pay the filing fee ?

When I go to the uscis web site and read the "instructions for filing form I-765" document (form i-765instr.pdf)

on page 8 it says
"Renewal EAD: If this is a renewal application and you are applying under one of the following categories, a filing fee is not required :
4. (c)(9) or (c)(16) Adjustment applicant who applied after July 30, 2007"

The recieved date on my I797C Notice of Action (I485 application to adjust to permanent resident status) is August 8th 2007.

So am I eligible for requesting a renewal of my EAD without paying the filing fee ?
Based on the filing instructions for form I-765 looks like I may be eligible for filing for a renewal of the advance parole documents without the filing fee. But could I be missing something out here ?

Could anyone let me know if I am eligible to renew my EAD (which expires in August of 2012) without having the need to pay the filing fee ?

When I go to the uscis web site and read the "instructions for filing form I-765" document (form i-765instr.pdf)

on page 8 it says
"Renewal EAD: If this is a renewal application and you are applying under one of the following categories, a filing fee is not required :
4. (c)(9) or (c)(16) Adjustment applicant who applied after July 30, 2007"

The recieved date on my I797C Notice of Action (I485 application to adjust to permanent resident status) is August 8th 2007.

So am I eligible for requesting a renewal of my EAD without paying the filing fee ?
Based on the filing instructions for form I-765 looks like I may be eligible for filing for a renewal of the advance parole documents without the filing fee. But could I be missing something out here ?

Regarding fees, consult the chart on Page 13 of this memo: http://www.uscis.gov/USCIS/Outreach/Interim Guidance for Comment/Adv-parole-ead-12-21-10.pdf

Note: A single employment authorization and Advance Parole card is now available for certain applicants who have filed or will file Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status. The card is obtained by filing Forms I-131 and I-765 together. Applicants who have already filed a Form I-485 that is pending should use Form I-765 filing location instructions when filing both forms. Applicants should use Form I-485 filing location instructions when filing Forms I-131, I-765, and Form I-485 at the same time.