EAD denied... Asylum is pending. Help.

Lsu121

Registered Users (C)
Hi.

I applied for EAD after 150 days, and received a denial decision. I already went for an interview and waiting for the decision of my asylum case.

Why did they deny my EAD request? Would this be an indication that my asylum case is possibly being rejected?

Any opinions on this?

Hi.

I applied for EAD after 150 days, and received a denial decision. I already went for an interview and waiting for the decision of my asylum case.

Why did they deny my EAD request? Would this be an indication that my asylum case is possibly being rejected?

Any opinions on this?

I don't know. Did you apply in the right category? Any reasons given for the denial?

Hi.

Any opinions on this?

Check your Asylum status online. There is a chance that they approved your asylum, I have heard that if they approve your asylum case by the time you are applying for EAD they deny the EAD C08 because they are going to issue you EAD A05 category, I hope this is your case, Good luck.

I don't know. Did you apply in the right category? Any reasons given for the denial?

I applied for c08 - asylum Pending. They sent me a letter for an explanation but I have not received it yet. I found out the denial when I checked the status online.

Check your Asylum status online. There is a chance that they approved your asylum, I have heard that if they approve your asylum case by the time you are applying for EAD they deny the EAD C08 because they are going to issue you EAD A05 category, I hope this is your case, Good luck.

How do I check my Asylum status online? I could not locate the link.

I applied for c08 - asylum Pending. They sent me a letter for an explanation but I have not received it yet. I found out the denial when I checked the status online.

How do I check my Asylum status online? I could not locate the link.

You can check your asylum status by going to USCIS.gov website and enter your asylum receipt number which usually starts with letter Z followed by the Asylum office abbreviation. example: ZAR, ZSF or etc.
It usually shows can't find case number, but if they approve your application it will change to card production.

You can check your asylum status by going to USCIS.gov website and enter your asylum receipt number which usually starts with letter Z followed by the Asylum office abbreviation. example: ZAR, ZSF or etc.
It usually shows can't find case number, but if they approve your application it will change to card production.

I checked the status and the case can not be found. I guess it is still pending, but I'm not sure why they would deny my EAD.

any other opinions on this? or someone who has faced similar event?

How long did it take them to deny your application? Generally they receive the application after a 150 days, and they wait until 180 days to start processing it. They do a back ground check as well. My Application for EAD lasted for a little over 2 months to process it and receive it.
Did they tell you what are the reason for the denial? Did you receive any explanation about it? They have to explain why! and if you need help you have to post the reasons as you can so folks can help you.

Dont be panic .... You will be getting Asylum Approved within week as well as EAD Category E05.

You cant get any update case recipet start with ZAR, ZSF etc on USCIS website. ZAR,ZSF are the Intrenal case refrence for USCIS.

If you have filled up with correct information and denied for Catagory E08, you have good news in this week or by end of month.

I have been suffer in this panic satution.

June 2010- Submitted I-589
June 2010- Received Receipt Notice
July 2010- Biometrics Done
July 2010- Received Interview Notice
August 2010- Interview Done
Dec 2010- Applied for EAD Categor E08 ( After 180 days )
Dec 2010- EAD receipt notice received
Jan 2011- EAD denied on website (after a week recived reson for E08)
Jan 2011- Asylum approved (Before receving reason for denied E08, I had my Asylum approved letter)
Jan 2011- EAD Issued as E05

Dont be panic .... You will be getting Asylum Approved within week as well as EAD Category E05.

[/COLOR]

Unfortunately, that is not the case. I have a received a letter that I have to go before an immigration judge. The letter states even I have established changed circumstance, my delay of filing has affected my eligibility.

So, I'm not sure of the future outcome for this. Has anyone experienced this? Meeting an immigration judge?

Kinda feeling blue right now...

Unfortunately, that is not the case. I have a received a letter that I have to go before an immigration judge. The letter states even I have established changed circumstance, my delay of filing has affected my eligibility.

So, I'm not sure of the future outcome for this. Has anyone experienced this? Meeting an immigration judge?

Kinda feeling blue right now...

I am sorry to hear that. But don't give up. I know how painful it is to keep waiting for a decision and after so long you get a denial.. So did you receive asylum referral or EAD denial letter says that?
Were you in status when applied? Obviously you should be out of status as you are referred to IJ. Did you overstay your visa and what kind of visa you had?

My advise is to hire an experienced attorney with asylum cases if you don't have now. It is kind of hard to overcome filing deadline eligibility but there are always ways out of it depending on your case.

I am sorry to hear that. But don't give up. I know how painful it is to keep waiting for a decision and after so long you get a denial.. So did you receive asylum referral or EAD denial letter says that?
Were you in status when applied? Obviously you should be out of status as you are referred to IJ. Did you overstay your visa and what kind of visa you had?

My advise is to hire an experienced attorney with asylum cases if you don't have now. It is kind of hard to overcome filing deadline eligibility but there are always ways out of it depending on your case.

I've received the Asylum referral, not the EAD denial letter. I just thought the IO would be lenient and understanding since the changed circumstance was well established-, however, the they decided to send me to IJ, due to the timeline of applying- out of status, visa expired, f1.

Now, I would like to find out about the experience dealing with IJ with my current situation. It is like a very convoluted process and time-consuming.

I've received the Asylum referral, not the EAD denial letter. I just thought the IO would be lenient and understanding since the changed circumstance was well established-, however, the they decided to send me to IJ, due to the timeline of applying- out of status, visa expired, f1.

Now, I would like to find out about the experience dealing with IJ with my current situation. It is like a very convoluted process and time-consuming.

By the way how long after your interview did you get the referral?
In some out of status cases when it is hard to make a decision. AOs normally forward the case to IJs to make better judgements so I believe it is better to stay in status as they wont be able to refer those cases and they will have to make judgements. Others may correct me if i am wrong.

It sure takes sometimes to get a final decision from the court. You should read the previous forums on people who have shared their experiences. Best of luck!

By the way how long after your interview did you get the referral?
In some out of status cases when it is hard to make a decision. AOs normally forward the case to IJs to make better judgements so I believe it is better to stay in status as they wont be able to refer those cases and they will have to make judgements. Others may correct me if i am wrong.

It sure takes sometimes to get a final decision from the court. You should read the previous forums on people who have shared their experiences. Best of luck!

I've been out of status before filing the asylum. I think that's the difficult part to challenge the 1-year dateline - thus, the reason of referral, I think, though, the letter states, I've established a good changed circumstance.?

Which forum should I get into now?

I've been out of status before filing the asylum. I think that's the difficult part to challenge the 1-year dateline - thus, the reason of referral, I think, though, the letter states, I've established a good changed circumstance.?

Which forum should I get into now?

I guess that is the reason of referral. But how long after your interview did you get the referral? I wanna know this for myself.

By the way, this guy has written his experience with immigration officer and IJ.. which could help a little bit.
http://forums.immigration.com/showthread.php?306363-My-Interview-Experience

I calculated, roughly around two months after the interview. are you in status or out of status?

Oh 2 months, i believe it took you a while to be called for an interview because you need to wait 150 days to apply for EAD.
I am still in status.

reapplying for I-765

Hi,

My asylum is pending since june 2011 and my individual hearing is scheduled for 2014.I was suppose to apply for work permit in april 8th 2012 which was my 150th days but i've sent my application earlier and got denied because w it reaches USCIS the 148th day so i got denied.I was a little bit betrayed by the post office because my mail got there in 3 days and i thought that wouldl have taken 5 days.Now i've accumulated 175 days since clock is running.Should i refill the I-765 or the I-290 B.As i said i was denied because application got there 2 days earlier.Thank for helping

ead denied

Hi,

My asylum is pending since june 2011 and my individual hearing is scheduled for 2014.I was suppose to apply for work permit in april 8th 2012 which was my 150th days but i've sent my application earlier and got denied because w it reaches USCIS the 148th day so i got denied.I was a little bit betrayed by the post office because my mail got there in 3 days and i thought that wouldl have taken 5 days.Now i've accumulated 175 days since clock is running.Should i refill the I-765 or the I-290 B.As i said i was denied because application got there 2 days earlier.Thank for helping

Hi , I'm new in this forum. I actually am in the same situation as you Alphadi. Pending asylum since aprill 2011, individual hearing 2014. I applied for work permit in july, after more than 150 days. The 1st problem started when I wasn't receiving the confirmation letter that they received the application for EAD. After so many phone calls , finally me lawyer could contact the office and they told the may be the applic was missing in the office and that they were going to check. 3 days after this phone call we received the confirmation letter, 1 month and a half late (application sent july 16, confirmation received september 4th)
2 days ago I was checking my online status when i see that decision was made and my EAD was denied. I don;t yet know the reasons because the mail is on the way but i'm feeling so bed :(
I'am really upset, why they don;t give me the possibility to work and pay taxes, this was my first application as yours I think.
Please if u can share with me your next step after the denial, did u apply again ?
I would really appreciate your help.
good luck!