EAD/AP (paper based) cover letter and checklist...

I have read the whole thread and it seems to me that we all need to send AP and EAD application to the mailing address where we filed our I485. Correct me if I am wrong. Thanks.

10th March 2005, 08:01 PM
MA_Labor
Registered User Join Date: Apr 2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by veek
Joyd,

Thanks for putting togather a procedure for EAD and AP.

I am on H1b present and i filed I140/485 for future employment from different employer. I got my 1 st EAD and AP 8 months ago. Its time for my renewal.
I have some questions on the cover letters provided and EAD application.

For the secondary applicant why do we need to submit H1b application instatead of H4?

My wife is working on EAD. Do i still need submit either h1B or H4 copy's?

On Application I-765 in coloum 15 and 16 what do i need to mention for me and my wife?
coloum 15: Current Immigration status(H1B/H4/EAD)?
coloum 16: Eligibility under CFR274a.12 ( ) ( ) ( )

Guru's please provide me help on these questions.

veek

CFR274a.12(c)(9) for people applying for EAD based on a pending 485 application.

MA_Labor said:
Looks like you haven't read the entire thread. Please refer to my post (#41) on page 3 of this thread.

10th May 2005, 06:34 AM
MA_Labor
Registered User Join Date: Apr 2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by tangjc
Part 1, number 3.
What is "Class of Admission", what should I put there?

Looks like you haven't read the entire thread. Please refer to my post (#41) on page 3 of this thread.

So you meant in Box "Class of Admission" we should put: CFR274a.12(c)(9)?

Thanks for your help.

Last edited by a moderator:
Class of Admission

I found this on the following website. Please comment if this is correct: http://murthyforum.atinfopop.com/4/OpenTopic?a=tpc&s=1024039761&f=3284000912&m=574104949

Attorney_11
Attorney posted September 26, 2005 02:47 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The USCIS has clarified that "class of admission" on the I-131 refers to the applicant's current status. If a person is maintaining valid H1B status (regardless of whether or not they have a visa), then this would be H1B. An I-485 applicant who does not have any other status could normally write something like "I-485 Pending".
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Filling EAD Renewal

Do I have to type the form using PDF or I can write by hand. I dont have the PDF writer with me.

Also which address to send the I 765 application and I 131 application

My 485 was filled to Vermont Service Center.

Thanks a lot

Last edited by a moderator:
VAPALabor said:
Do I have to type the form using PDF or I can write by hand. I dont have the PDF writer with me.

Also which address to send the I 765 application and I 131 application

My 485 was filled to Vermont Service Center.

Thanks a lot
use I-765 form on uscis.gov which has bulit in pdf writer.

u can also send hand written application if u wish to do so.

send I-765 and I-131 to VSC.

Nebraska Service Center - Mailing address

If you any one of you applied EAD and AP renewal with Nebraska service center, please could you send me the mailing address you used. Also, can we send all four application (Primary and Dependent EAD and AP) in one envelope or we have to send a seperate envelope for each application?

AP Renewal procedure

Guys I know this is posted somewhere on this forum but can anyone pls give the link to renew AP and the documents to be sent and the procedure to do the same. Really appreciate that info,

also is it better to efile or mail it in? Pls do reply thanks in advance

I personally feel it would be better to mail the papers.If you do it online u would have to take an appointment for finger printing...

email2sai2003 said:
If you any one of you applied EAD and AP renewal with Nebraska service center, please could you send me the mailing address you used. Also, can we send all four application (Primary and Dependent EAD and AP) in one envelope or we have to send a seperate envelope for each application?

You can send all papers in one envelope.Thats what i did

EAD- Paperbase

MY 3rd EAD renew paper is reached at VSC 0n 13th Dec 2005. still check is not cashed from my account.

Anyone recently send paper base EAD renew and how many days will take to see check in bank account ?

Thanks

Documents Checklist

Our EB3 485 was in VSC. We did our interview in Atlanta in 05/05. After the Interview we were told to wait for name/security check. Fortunately, we learned from our congressman's office our name/security checks cleared in 10/05. But we got stuck to retro now. I called USCIS 1800 number to check the status in 11/05 and they told me wait a letter about the in 30 days. A couple of days later our LUDs changed. My LUD did not change the message. My wife's LUD says her case is transfered to Atlanta :confused:
My PD is PD 06/14/01 and My 2EAD will expire in 2/1/06. I was hoping for S.1932 Sec 8001 pass and I did not mail my 3EAD renewal application until yesterday. I did my 2EAD online. I lost 2 days on the road (3 hours one way) for fingerprints. This time I mailed my paper 3EAD 12/20/05 via USPS certified priority to VSC.

I included the following documents.

• Cover letter;
• Check to DHS in the amount of $180 for the filing fee;
• two photographs;
• Form I-765;
• Copy of I-485 filing receipt notice;
• Copy of front and back of I-94 arrival/departure card;
• Copy of front/back of last EAD;

Can somebody tell me if I missed anything?
Are the color copies of passport and DL necessary? or optional?
Is VSC right place to send? or Atlanta/ Chicago?

Your input is appreciated.

1moreday said:
Our EB3 485 was in VSC. We did our interview in Atlanta in 05/05. After the Interview we were told to wait for name/security check. Fortunately, we learned from our congressman's office our name/security checks cleared in 10/05. But we got stuck to retro now. I called USCIS 1800 number to check the status in 11/05 and they told me wait a letter about the in 30 days. A couple of days later our LUDs changed. My LUD did not change the message. My wife's LUD says her case is transfered to Atlanta :confused:
My PD is PD 06/14/01 and My 2EAD will expire in 2/1/06. I was hoping for S.1932 Sec 8001 pass and I did not mail my 3EAD renewal application until yesterday. I did my 2EAD online. I lost 2 days on the road (3 hours one way) for fingerprints. This time I mailed my paper 3EAD 12/20/05 via USPS certified priority to VSC.

I included the following documents.

• Cover letter;
• Check to DHS in the amount of $180 for the filing fee;
• two photographs;
• Form I-765;
• Copy of I-485 filing receipt notice;
• Copy of front and back of I-94 arrival/departure card;
• Copy of front/back of last EAD;

Can somebody tell me if I missed anything?
Are the color copies of passport and DL necessary? or optional?
Is VSC right place to send? or Atlanta/ Chicago?

Your input is appreciated.
i would include copy of AP and copies of passport. send ead/ap applications to service center where 485 is pending.

Anybody received receipts for their EAD application? Please reply

I did not receive any EAD receipt yet! Do they send it all? I am concerned that if i goofed up in my EAD filing, i'll have to to take a long long vacation.
--
Guys, please share your receipt experience. If you got it at all? and how long did it take?
--
Thanks in advance.

Endless_Wait said:
I did not receive any EAD receipt yet! Do they send it all? I am concerned that if i goofed up in my EAD filing, i'll have to to take a long long vacation.
--
Guys, please share your receipt experience. If you got it at all? and how long did it take?
--
Thanks in advance.
if u check is cashed then it means your application is good and you can live even without a receipt. get the case # from back of cashed check.

Thanks for replying fast_gc_seeker.

I did see my case # on my checks. My main question is that in case i don't get my EAD before my current one expires then i may want to apply for Interim EAD. To get IEAD, i might need some receipt to show that i've applied EAD and its been 3 months.

So just wondering if people get receipt for EAD at all??

And if they do how long is it taking.

Happy holidays!

fast_gc_seeker said:
if u check is cashed then it means your application is good and you can live even without a receipt. get the case # from back of cashed check.

EAD Renewal, Name Check Process

Hello,
I had My Interview and it went of well, the office told Me they were waiting for the Name check results from the FBI.

He told Me to write an E-Mail, if I don't get the results with in 30 days.

I want to know the process, what I should do now for the Name Check process. I heard that I can E-Mail to fbi, what do I need to Mention in that Mail.
1. Name
2. DOB
3. A#
4. EMail Address

Should I need to tell them any more Information. How long should I wait for their reply, if not what should I do from there.

I have to renew My EAD and AP. I travelled out of the country using AP, the I94 they gave Me has a valid date more than My EAD, does it mean My EAD is valid till the new I94 date.

What are the documents I need to renew for My EAD.
1. I765

What are the supporting documents needed for I765, EAD renewal.

Do I need to submit, I130, I485.

I have My AP, which I applied valid for the next 8 months, should I still apply for AP extension, I131.

Thanks for your help.

Thanks,
msuku

Do I need to renew EAD

I had a related question. I had applied for EAD and AP along with my I-485 on Dec 2004, which is still pending. My EAD and AP were approved Jan 2005. I have however not used my EAD and instead continued to use my H1B. I have applied for 7th year extension of my H1B. My question is do I need to renew my EAD which will be expiring in Jan 2005, or should I continue using my H1B.
Is it really necessary to apply for EAD since I never used my previous EAD and have maintained my H1B status.

Gurus please reply.

Many Thanks,
sandeep