EAD/AP (paper based) cover letter and checklist...

EAD/AP renewal docs-Help

Friends i need some clarification about some documents being sent for renewal of EAD/AP.

I have read from this forum that someone was mentioning about "color photocopy of biographic pages of passport" for renewal of EAD/AP.
What is that?

Also do we require to give front facing passport size photos for both EAD and AP.?

Please let me know.
Thanks

re:

Guys .
If i renew my AP using the paper based method .. will i be called for doing biometrics. I had renewed my EAD using e-file and i had to go to ASC for doing photos and Finger printing. Since i had got an appintment at ASC after 4 weeks i am thinking abt doing paper method.

MA_Labor said:
Why don't you check out the instructions on the Form I-765 itself. http://uscis.gov/graphics/formsfee/forms/files/i-765.pdf
It clearly states that the Chicago Lock Box facility does not apply to aliens who have a pending EMPLOYMENT based adjustment of status (I-485) application. These applicants still need to send in their applications to the service center where they filed their 485 application

I filed my 3rd EAD renewal (paper mailing). I only sent the photographs. Do we need to do Fingerprinting too for EAD renewal. For my first two EAD I did not do Fingerprinting.

One more comment..I sent my application to Vermont Service Center yday.
I went to Local Immigration Office today to enquire and he said it should have been sent to Chicago. After my explaination to him that only family based should go there, he called VSC and person from VSC also said that it should have been sent to Chicago. Mine is employment based pending I485. I am really really confused. I have less than 2 months left. He also told that now everyone requires FP for EAD renewal ????? Totally in hands of GOD. Thanks

Help in Filling EAD form

Hello Gurus,

I am on employment based AOS.
My H1 expired and Currently using first EAD. I am applying for Renewal

What should I fill in for no. 15 and no 16 in for I-765

15.Current Immigration Status ? what should I write here???

16. Eligibility Category under Eligibility under 8 CFR 274a.12? is it c(9)?

AP renewal e-file

I140helppls said:
Guys .
If i renew my AP using the paper based method .. will i be called for doing biometrics. I had renewed my EAD using e-file and i had to go to ASC for doing photos and Finger printing. Since i had got an appintment at ASC after 4 weeks i am thinking abt doing paper method.

I renewed my EAD using e-file and went to ASC ,Now am renewing my AP using e-file , the confirmation page did not mention anything abt the ASC appointments . So am guessing its not required, planning to send the photo copies by mail as part of the supporting documents .

Do we have to submit the side faced photos or normal passport type front face photos

jambalakadi1 said:
Hello Gurus,

I am on employment based AOS.
My H1 expired and Currently using first EAD. I am applying for Renewal

What should I fill in for no. 15 and no 16 in for I-765

15.Current Immigration Status ? what should I write here???

16. Eligibility Category under Eligibility under 8 CFR 274a.12? is it c(9)?

Pending Adjustment Of Status

c(9)

One more comment..I sent my application to Vermont Service Center yday.
I went to Local Immigration Office today to enquire and he said it should have been sent to Chicago. After my explaination to him that only family based should go there, he called VSC and person from VSC also said that it should have been sent to Chicago. Mine is employment based pending I485. I am really really confused. I have less than 2 months left. He also told that now everyone requires FP for EAD renewal ????? Totally in hands of GOD. Thanks

I received my Receipt Notice from VSC. Wanted to inform if anyone is still confused ...

How to deal with this?

Folks,

I passed my interview and got my passport stamped. Now I am waiting for the card. But my wife's case is stuck in the "Background Check" so that I will have to file EAD/AP Renewal for her. Couple of questions:

1. Our AP/EAD expires in Dec 2005. Is it too early to file right now?

2. How long usually does it take to get the Renewal? We are not planning to use it right now, but might use it early 2006. Will it start from when it is approved? Or continue with the one that's going to expire?

3. To file her renewal, I only need to attach her information, right?

Thanks a lot,
GL

I just saw this thread while was preparing myself to E-File for the EAD. E-Filing seems to have a lot of advantage and you kinda get the confirmation immideately. Also it takes away the mystery from where to mail the documents (whcih service center I mean).

However looks like you need to go the ASC at an appointed date to get the FP and digital photograph taken. And that is a pain.

Does anyone know anyother pros and cons of E-Filing vs Paper Filing?
Does the time taken to approve differ?

neocor

To G/L
"2. How long usually does it take to get the Renewal?"

We filed the renewal in late Jan 05. Received the EAD two weeks ago. ---California service center.

AP renewal question

Dear Immigration gurus:

I am currently working on EAD, I-140 approved, I485 pending
what should i write in Part 1, no. 3 "Class of Addmission"?
Do I require to write saparate information in Part 7? if so can you please provide some sample write up for part 7.

Thank you
sc

Thanks

Hamilton said:
To G/L
"2. How long usually does it take to get the Renewal?"

We filed the renewal in late Jan 05. Received the EAD two weeks ago. ---California service center.

Hamilton

Thanks for your reply, CSC is so freaking fast! My case is in VSC and hope it could be as fast. But I guess I will wait until early Sep. or Oct. to file for renewal since her EAD is expiring early Dec.

Thanks,
GL

Whats wrong with your font? Its like a challenge to read your text with spaces in between every character.

G L said:
Hamilton

Thanks for your reply, CSC is so freaking fast! My case is in VSC and hope it could be as fast. But I guess I will wait until early Sep. or Oct. to file for renewal since her EAD is expiring early Dec.

Thanks,
GL

need some help

i am on j2 n applying for ead 1st time . can u guide me on wht all things to be sent for sufficient funding by j1 and assets ,expenses etc etc?how many days it took for u to get ead when u applied for the 1st time?
pls do reply

Anyone who renewed EAD ,Need Help. CSC

Hi,

Please Need Last Minute help for e-filing EAD renewal. I changed my job and now working in a new company using my EAD and my EAD will expire on mid November. I’m planning to renew by myself through e-filing in CSC. I have few question please help me to solve.

For e-filing:

1. Have you ever before applied for employment Authorization form BCIS and the date? What will be date?
the date my last EAD application was received at the service center (received date on I-765 receipt notice)
or the date my last EAD application was noticed at the service center or the date my last EAD was issued
2. In which address I’ve to send all supporting documents for California Service Center? And which number I’ve to call for FP and Photograph? Can you tell when they give app nowadays? Because my EAD will expire in between 3 month+ few days so I’m little worried.

For Paper based Filing:
1. In CSC, which address I’ve to send the renew application for EAD and AP?
2. At the end of the form after signature, print name etc. there is a table where are some column like Initial Receipt, Resubmitted, Relocated, Complete etc. what are these?
3. For EAD renewal check or money order payable to the “DEPARTMENT OF HOMELAND SECURITY”. Is it right?
Please reply.
Thank you.
sd70

Last edited by a moderator:
y dont people reply in this forum

hi i am surprised though people r experienced still they dont reply to help new ones.

Urgent. Urgent. Please reply.

Hi,

I just efilled fro EAD renewal. Everything goen right but after completing and when i took the print out of entire application i noticed that:

In the print OUT of saved PDF file:

1. Where i write state mane of birth , it appeared half, some letter are not printed out.
2. Also Calfornia Service Center .....it appeared half, some letter are not printed out.
3. But most important, in number 16 where in the particular text box i explain my current status and I-485 and I-140 recepit number it also appeared half, some letter are not printed out.

DO YOU THINK ALL THOSE DATA I GAVE THEY LOOSE ?
What Can I do now?
Do you think i don't have any hope?

If i file again can it cause harm? Then what will be about this efile, cancel or ?
If i file again do i have to give information about this efile also?

I'm on EAD and it will expire within 90+18 days, so I'm really worried now.

Please reply.
Thank You.
sd70