E2 visa

Vivekji

I am a Canadian citizen working in US under TN visa. I work as a process engineer. I run a business and have a store in New Jersey. . We have been running this business for the past 4 yrs and our turn over has been good and it has been increasing every year. We also run a payroll for our employee . Two years back, I applied for E2 visa and it didn't get approved because of no proper investment. I would like to know is there any options for getting a resident status through our Business. Could you let us know the options and requirements for the specified option.

I am a Canadian citizen working in US under TN visa. I work as a process engineer. I run a business and have a store in New Jersey. . We have been running this business for the past 4 yrs and our turn over has been good and it has been increasing every year. We also run a payroll for our employee . Two years back, I applied for E2 visa and it didn't get approved because of no proper investment. I would like to know is there any options for getting a resident status through our Business. Could you let us know the options and requirements for the specified option.

Hi:

This is definitely one of the more complicated areas of the law. In order to qualify for an E2 visa, you need to make a "substantial investment", and although you have an existing business, I don't know how much income it generates. It has to be a material business, meaning the business must provide more income than is needed to support you and your family. You would also need a comprehensive business plan, among other things. These forums are great to exchange general information on simple topics, but you definitely need to speak to an immigration lawyer.

Best,