E2 experience

neil mcauly

Hi,

Being new on this forum i would like to introduce myself. I live in Belgium, am married for 6years and i love to travel (most of al to the USA).
My wife and i have been on vacation to the US for 10 years now, and every time our vacation ends it feels like we have to leave our home. :(
Having participated for 6 years with the DV lottery we no longer want faith to decide for us and since last year we started to look for other options to immigrate. The only visa applicable to our situation would be the E2 investor visa.
We have had contact over the internet with some immigrant lawyers and companies specialized in E2 businesses.

Are there people on this forum who have some personal experience on this matter, successfully or unsuccessfully?
Blogs, websites, etc... from people (or people you know) are also welcome.
I would be very glad to hear some personal stories.

Thanks
Steven

I have been in the US on a E1 or E2 visa (they're almost the same) since 2007. It was very easy to obtain. We sent the file at the end of september and then we got the approval in december. It's a good visa but you have to find a Belgium company that trades with the US. You won't be able to transfer your visa and work for another company. E2 isn't the best to ask for a green card.

Hi Steven:

As you know, the E1/E2 visa is the "next best thing" to a "green card". But the requirements vary somewhat from consulate to consulate (and it would be in your interest to apply in Brussels, not in the US on a B2 visa which leads to the "intent" issues"). Perhaps the above poster had $400,000 cash and opened up an existing business with tax returns and such, but you have to understand, this is not an "easy process" by no means. If you are seeking to open up a new entity, you will need to have a solid business plan, among other things.

I like the fact you are proactive and turning to immigration attorneys, a wise move.

Best,

Hi Steven:

As you know, the E1/E2 visa is the "next best thing" to a "green card". But the requirements vary somewhat from consulate to consulate (and it would be in your interest to apply in Brussels, not in the US on a B2 visa which leads to the "intent" issues"). Perhaps the above poster had $400,000 cash and opened up an existing business with tax returns and such, but you have to understand, this is not an "easy process" by no means. If you are seeking to open up a new entity, you will need to have a solid business plan, among other things.

I like the fact you are proactive and turning to immigration attorneys, a wise move.

Best,

British business owners turn to the vacation home industry to lobby for immigration reform.

http://freelinemediaorlando.com/bri...ndustry-to-lobby-for-immigration-reform/1526/

Contact Zoey Adams...she is a hard working E 2 advocate and she can bring you in contact with many E 2 visa holders and you can learn about their stories.