E-5 Visa question

mmhan

Registered Users (C)
Hi, my friend is interested in coming to USA on E-5 investor visa. I just wanted to know if it is better to go through one of the Govt. approved regional centers for this or apply on your own. I read on the net about Mountain States center in UTAH help with processing of E-5 visas. Anyone filed a E-5 Visa before...please help. Any advise would be greatly appreciated.
Thank You.

You are posting in the wrong forum. There is no nonimmigrant E-5 visa. What you are asking about is the EB-5 Immigrant Investor Visa (technically this is the employment creation visa). Look elsewhere in this forum for this topic, it is covered. Also look to the employment 5th prefernce (EB-5) information at www.ucsic.gov. The Regional Center investments are variable in quality. See the Official List from USCIS. The USCIS does not reccommend any Regional Center over another, the individual investment opportunity is what counts. Only a person who can afford to lose the money should invest in an opportunity that makes good business sense. The immigration law is the same for all the Regional Centers but the investment opportunities vary in type and quality.