• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dvlottery pregnant

befkaz

Registered Users (C)
My wife that won dvlottery is still pregnant, wht step we should take now concerning the unborn baby. Please assist

My wife that won dvlottery is still pregnant, wht step we should take now concerning the unborn baby. Please assist

If the baby born BEFORE interview at the US Embassy,
and you still have enough time to update your files with KCC,
then your baby will get permanent resident visa at the US Embasssy interview.
but If the baby born BEFORE interview at the US Embassy,
and you do not have enough time to update your files with KCC (before 2nd NL),
then you can bring the baby and don't forget to bring the baby's passport
to the local US Embassy and ask for extra Permanent Resident Visa for your baby.
on this case, you can ask with your local US Embassy for more information,
because the US Embassy might simply tell you to just bring the baby to USA,
without any extra Visa needed. I am NOT so sure on this one.

If the baby born AFTER you and your wife had interview at the US Embassy,
then all you need is Fly with your wife and your baby to USA,
and when you arrive at the airport,
just told the custom officer that the baby was born after you got the Permanent Resident Visa,
but you got to bring the Birth Certificate that show that you and your wife is the legal parent of the baby.
The Baby also got to have passport (separate from parent's passport).
and you might want to bring the marriage certificate for extra proof.

If the baby born AFTER you enter USA, and born in USA, then the baby is automatically entitled to US Citizen by birth.

If the baby born AFTER you enter USA, and claimed your permanent residency,
but the baby is born outside USA, then just bring the baby along with the baby's passport back to USA but
remember to show the baby's birth certificate as proof.

What would be a big problem is,
if your DV Case number is High, and your interview is near the end of the DV Lottery Fiscal Year,
and your wife scheduled to give birth around that same date too.
Because you will NOT have enough time to reschedule/postpone your interview.
In this case, the best way is to have your wife take operation (by doctor) so the baby can be born
ahead of the interview date, and your wife have enough time to recover and healthy again to face the Interview at
Local US Embassy.
If your case number is still low, then you can always reschedule your US Embassy interview later,
after your wife gave birth to your baby.

What you want to do know is to make sure you have prepared to make your baby's birth certificate and passport
as soon as the baby are born.
You need to know the steps needed in your country to make this baby birth certificate in the fastest way.

Good Luck :)

oh, one more thing that I forgot...

You need to bring the baby into USA before the baby reach certain age...
I forget the rules regarding this age already,
if I am NOT mistaken it is before the baby reach 6 months old ...
but I might be wrong, so you should recheck about this baby maximum age limit.
if the baby had reach over the maximum age, the baby is NOT entitled to Permanent Resident Status...
(unless you are US Citizen of course)... and even if you already have your Green Card, you are still NOT US citizen,
so this age limit still apply for your baby (permanent resident/ Green Card parents).

Befkaz,

When is your wife due, and what is your Case Number?

If the pregnancy has some way to go and you are likely to be current before the baby is born, then you can ask your wife to send in the forms as required. Within the forms, include a letter to KCC stating that she is pregnant and you will advise them when the baby is born, with the details. Your Consulate will guide you as to how to take the baby, typically babies below a certain age can travel with their mother.

If the baby is likely to be born well before your interview then don't do anything just yet, and send in your forms after the baby's arrival and with updated details.

Congratulations on your impending fatherhood - enjoy!

Dears,
My Wife is pregnant right now and we plan to have our baby in US, is there any restriction for this and do the SSN cover the delivery?
DV2015
interview is on Augt.
Thank you.

Dears,
My Wife is pregnant right now and we plan to have our baby in US, is there any restriction for this and do the SSN cover the delivery?
DV2015
interview is on Augt.
Thank you.

How pregnant is she? If she is quite advanced, airlines may refuse to fly her while pregnant. Check your airline's cut off for long distance travel. She may need a doctor's letter confirming her stage of pregnancy.

She can have the baby there, coverage will depend on state but as the baby is will be a U.S. citizen there should be some form of help. ....again assuming she is not so far in the pregnancy by then that airlines will not fly her.

I hope you have some kind of support network there. Immigrating itself is a big stressful change, much less having a new baby to contend with at the same time.

Thanks SusieQQQ:

We already get approval from doctor for travel.
We Planing to go to NY , because if the cost will be too much we will cancel our plan, I hear from our relative in NY the delivery cost is free for DV is it right?

thank you.

Sorry, I have no idea how it works in NY. You will need to do some research on the state specifics there.

Also, some airlines have earlier cutoff for travel even with doctor approval, often between 28-32 weeks. So you still need to check.

Thanks SusieQQQ:

We already get approval from doctor for travel.
We Planing to go to NY , because if the cost will be too much we will cancel our plan, I hear from our relative in NY the delivery cost is free for DV is it right?

thank you.
;) few things are "free" in the US, specifically in NY. Please research this in detail in advance, specifically if you do not carry health insurance for the US which covers pregnancies!

Thanks SUSIE and all of you.
Today i get approve for me & my wife visa.
And regarding bron baby before go to US and after getting visa.they are saying that new kid must have visa to enter US.
Please if u hve any info plz share?

Who is "they" that says the baby must have a visa? The airline? Ask the embassy to issue you a travel document for the baby (I don't know exactly what it says but it will show the airline that it can carry the baby without a visa). Remember to have the baby's full birth certificate with you for arrival in the U.S.

Today i attended my interview ,when ask CO. Regarding visa for kid after born and before travel to US .he said you need to issue visa for your kid.
But according to Doc u attached it doesnt need. lm right?