1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DV2018 Selectees from Ghana

Discussion in 'Lottery Visas - DV' started by Lucid, May 3, 2017.

1. Sm1smom

Sm1smom Super Moderator

Stop advocating for agents! End of story!! What's the point if the agent used the correct information but left out the derivatives? I suppose you would encourage anyone in that situation to continue as is.

Obruni-in-Kumasi, nanayaw and Dunamis like this.
  2. Highman

Highman Member

I got a refusal on name order;

3. SusieQQQ

SusieQQQ Well-Known Member

On your education certificate?
    We know they refuse in Ghana when it is wrong on the eDV vs birth certificate or passport. Wasn't that your problem, the wrong order of names on the entry? Nothing to do with education certificate?

4. SusieQQQ

Yes it was your entry form that was the problem, not the wrong order on the education certificate. Not the same issue at all.

Dunamis likes this.
  5. Highman

Highman Member

Ok

6. nanayaw

nanayaw Member

@Highman, your name order problem was on your entry form not on your education certificate, i hope you understand what susieQQQ is saying.

Dunamis likes this.
  7. Obruni-in-Kumasi

Obruni-in-Kumasi New Member

Is it required or recommended for Ghanaian selectees to be interviewed at the US embassy in Accra? I have heard of some selectees trying to get interviews in Abidjan, because they say it's easier to get the visa there.

8. SusieQQQ

Your interview depends on where you currently live. If you live in Ghana, you interview in Accra. The only way to interview in Abidjan is if you live in Cote D'Ivoire.

Maybe the people you mention are putting down an address in Cote D'Ivoire to do so. Of course if you claim to have an address there then you need to do the medical there and get a police report from there, and probably face denial anyway when the background check turns up the fact that you don't actually live there as claimed. Remember that lying on a visa application is immigration fraud and can earn you a lifetime ban from the US.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2017
  9. Kojo E

Kojo E Member

Guys I just realized that as a derivative I didn't state the courses I did in University. I just stated Bachelor of Arts Degree without specifying the course. Is that a serious error that requires unlocking the DS260? @Britsimon @SusieQQQ

10. Britsimon

Britsimon Super Moderator

It doesn't matter.

Kojo E likes this.
  11. Kojo E

Kojo E Member

Thanks Brit!

12. Lucid

Lucid Active Member

Names and id number.

13. Lucid

Lucid Active Member

I don't think an affidavit is necessary.

14. Lucid

Lucid Active Member

You may also check the office of the registrar of marriages to see if it was entered there. The reciprocity page has mentions of this.

15. Dunamis

Dunamis Member

Waiting Patiently for 2018 interview to commence...few weeks into August

Kojo E likes this.
  16. Robinson Onyema

Robinson Onyema New Member

I just want to know, I addition to these, if the
    If the middle name is abreviated (as in O.) in the academic document but it is written full in the passport and edv. Will that lead to disqualification?
    for example: Benjamin Rex O. (academic document)
    Benjamin Rex Omes( passport, birth cert and edv).

I am yet to apply for the international passport, should I apply with the abbreviated middle name.thanks

17. Sm1smom

Sm1smom Super Moderator

No, it shouldn't lead to a disqualification. Is "Omes" a middle name or the last/surname?

p.s. Don't duplicate the same post on several Threads, post once and wait for a response.

18. Dunamis

Dunamis Member

Stop duplicating :D

19. DEC

DEC New Member

I am highly privileged to be a part of this wonderful family. I am a DV 2018 selectee and a new member here as well, waiting patiently for my number to go current. Hope to have a wonderful journey with you all.

1GH4urPocket likes this.
  20. Dunamis

Dunamis Member

u welcome DEC