• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV2018 Selectees from Ghana

Greetings everyone once again. Please what is the validity period of the police report and medical report? I am asking this to know the best day/week to start the medicals and police report for a November interview.

I meant I didn't see any notification in my e-mail that I have been selected...from May till August. I checked the website directly on a random day only to discover I had been selected.

There is no email notification that you've been selected. The rules state clearly that you need to check the website to see.
I got worried because people who do get emails are those where "agents" are involved...

Greetings everyone once again. Please what is the validity period of the police report and medical report? I am asking this to know the best day/week to start the medicals and police report for a November interview.

Do you have a November interview? If you are scheduled for one then you should book the medical, the doctor should give you a date appropriate to your interview. Again, if you already have an interview notification then you can go ahead and get the police report too.

There is no email notification that you've been selected. The rules state clearly that you need to check the website to see.
I got worried because people who do get emails are those where "agents" are involved...

Thanks for your concern. There was no agent involved. I probably forgot there won't be an email notification that made me forget about the lottery till I came across something that reminded me of the lottery.

Do you have a November interview? If you are scheduled for one then you should book the medical, the doctor should give you a date appropriate to your interview. Again, if you already have an interview notification then you can go ahead and get the police report too.

Yes please...I have a November interview. Thanks for your help. Grateful.

@Nana Kofi , do you have a late Interview_i mean late November or early week in November....from previous thread I learnt it is good to have your Medicals 3wks or 2wks prior to your interview.

[QMid-E="Dunamis, post: 2464895, member: 413400"]@Nana Kofi , do you have a late Interview_i mean late November or early week in November....from previous thread I learnt it is good to have your Medicals 3wks or 2wks prior to your interview.[/QUOTE]

Mid November. Yes, I remember reading something similar in previous threads but couldn't find it when I tried searching.

But as @SussieQQQ advised, I'd call the clinic to book with respect to the interview date and see what they'd say.

Certainly if they give you an option try book it as late as they allow you - your visa expiry will be linked to the medical expiry (6 months).

There's no need to delay getting your Police clearance, mine took about 2 weeks but their office sometimes gets overwhelmed since it's just walk-ins!
Same with the medicals, I advise you allow at the least, a 3-4week buffer period. (Unless of course a 5ish month visa validity makes a lot of difference to you as compared to a 6 month validity with an added risk of not receiving required documentation in time)

Hello everyone, I'm New here and a selectee from Ghana. I have been following britsimonsays.com since May. One question specific to Ghana;
Does the US embassy in Accra accept payment in dollars? Some was explaining that they only take the cedi equivalent.

Hello everyone, I'm New here and a selectee from Ghana. I have been following britsimonsays.com since May. One question specific to Ghana;
Does the US embassy in Accra accept payment in dollars? Some was explaining that they only take the cedi equivalent.

Wow - apparently that's true. (I'm surprised).
This site links directly from the Accra embassy website; http://www.ustraveldocs.com/gh/gh-niv-visafeeinfo.asp
Although fees are listed in U.S. dollars, payment must be made using local currency. You can pay your fee at any GT bank branch. To find a GT bank or GT bank branch, click here

Wow - apparently that's true. (I'm surprised).
This site links directly from the Accra embassy website; http://www.ustraveldocs.com/gh/gh-niv-visafeeinfo.asp
Although fees are listed in U.S. dollars, payment must be made using local currency. You can pay your fee at any GT bank branch. To find a GT bank or GT bank branch, click here
Those rules apply to only NON IMMIGRANT visas. For the DV lottery, the payment of 330 USD per person still holds although one can pay in the local Ghana Cedi equivalent. So @Cogxwell you have the option to pay in either currency for the DV programme.

Last edited:
I have read some interview experiences on this forum where applicants paid in dollars.

Those rules apply to only NON IMMIGRANT visas. For the DV lottery, the payment of 330 USD per person still holds although one can pay in the local Ghana Cedi equivalent. So @Cogxwell you have the option to pay in either currency for the DV programme.

That does make sense - thanks for clarifying. (Although it's still odd that they don't allow USD for NIVs)