• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV2018 Selectees from Ghana

My wife (PA) and I played DV 2018 and she was selected. We both had entered each other and our 3 children as derivatives. Case number is 2018AF00016xxx. We've already filled and submitted the DS 260 forms for both PA and derivatives. In the EDV my wife erroneously selected "University Degree" as highest education. The truth is she's not been given her degree certificate due to errors on her transcripts caused by the university. She's been trying to correct it for a while but got tired of chasing it. Anyway the net effect of it is that she does not in fact have a degree to show for it. She however has her WASSCE certificate. Will unlocking the DS 260 to correct this error by choosing "University no degree" cause a problem in Accra where we would be doing our CP?

My wife (PA) and I played DV 2018 and she was selected. We both had entered each other and our 3 children as derivatives. Case number is 2018AF00016xxx. We've already filled and submitted the DS 260 forms for both PA and derivatives. In the EDV my wife erroneously selected "University Degree" as highest education. The truth is she's not been given her degree certificate due to errors on her transcripts caused by the university. She's been trying to correct it for a while but got tired of chasing it. Anyway the net effect of it is that she does not in fact have a degree to show for it. She however has her WASSCE certificate. Will unlocking the DS 260 to correct this error by choosing "University no degree" cause a problem in Accra where we would be doing our CP?
@Britsimon any help?

You have about 6 to 8 months to sort this out before you are interviewed. So - relax!

Hello, pls guys am Kwasi from Ghana.Part of the lucky winners of this year's American lottery.Like to really know more about it.

~~ Post moved from the AOS Thread ~~

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations to all the winners here so far. I wish more of the selectees will come onboard this platform because its really educative

I'm aware that the US consular section in Accra no longer accepts the old handwritten birth certificates. Similarly you cannot acquire the biometric passport without the new automated birth cert which is really an extract confirming what is on the handwritten birth certificate. Is it recommended to take both the old one and the new automated birth cert to the interview for the DV immigration? Or would the new one be sufficient?

I'm aware that the US consular section in Accra no longer accepts the old handwritten birth certificates. Similarly you cannot acquire the biometric passport without the new automated birth cert which is really an extract confirming what is on the handwritten birth certificate. Is it recommended to take both the old one and the new automated birth cert to the interview for the DV immigration? Or would the new one be sufficient?
The new one is sufficient. No need for the old one.

Hi guys,I am new here and glad to chance upon this amazing forum.i am nt a Dv2018 winner bt I need help.
I applied for a tourist visa and got denied bt lied abt being married with 1 child because my agent adviced I do so,now I want to apply for dv2019 this year but I dnt know of my chances because I am single and incase I am selected I am scared I wld be denied because of the lies I told in the non immigrant application.shld I try this year or just forget it.i feel I hv ruined my chances of ever traveling to America.

Last edited:
Hi guys,I am new here and glad to chance upon this amazing forum.i am nt a Dv2018 winner bt I need help.
I applied for a tourist visa and got denied bt lied abt being married with 1 child because my agent adviced I do so,now I want to apply for dv2019 this year but I dnt know of my chances because I am single and incase I am selected I am scared I wld be denied because of the lies I told in the non immigrant application.shld I try this year or just forget it.i feel I hv ruined my chances of ever traveling to America.
No you can enter the Dv2019 but did they got to know u weren't married

No,I wasn't told to prove it,was given a paper which says I wasn't eligible for a non immigrant visa and was told to try again.bt I believe that since I hv my information there already as married when I apply as single and get selected then during interview they wld find out that I lied or maybe prove it.

Well this is precisely why we keep telling people to not lie with regards to immigration matters, it always comes back and bite.

Yes they already have your false information in the system, will it impact a DV selection or an immigrant visa petition? I don't know, the only way to know for sure is to give it a shot. If they didn't give you a document that says you've been found inadmissible, then there's hope.

Anyway, you need to bear in mind this is simply a lottery with about 1% chance of selection. So apply and get selected first, then worry about the impact of the previous NIV petition denial.