• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV2018 selectee married and found out pregnant on same month :)

Shady Artin

Hi All,
I'm Shady from Egypt. My wife got selected DV2018AF00003xxx...We have a situation as follows and very worried:
1- We got married on 6-5-2017
2-We find out she was selected on 22-5-2017
3-She filled her DS-260 and added me on the site on 23-5-2017 and attached our Marriage Certificate photo (in Arabic)
4- I was added on the site on 24-5-2017
5- On the same time (24-5-2017) I filled my DS-260
6- We found out she is pregnant on 27-5-2016!!!!!!!!!!!
7- We asked to unlock DS-260 for my wife as we forgot to add high school information (around 2-6-2017)
8- She modified her DS-260 on 12-6-2017

We decided that we need that baby to be born is US and we understood that our CN is relatively low and expect interview this October and plan to move to US before the end of this year (so she can safely travel)

Will the fact that she is pregnant cause us any trouble at the interview to get the visas??
Do you believe that we can make it before the end of this year (based on our CN)?

Your wife's pregnancy will not be an issue.

I don't know if you'll be through by the end of this year or not because:
a) you haven't stated what your CN is
b) even if your CN is low enough for you to have an Oct/Nov or even early Dec interview, we have no way of predicting if your case will be put on AP or not.

Thanks for your reply.
our case no. is AF00003xxx, we are from Egypt
other friends of mine got selected in past few years and they got their interview in October.

Well then, you have an idea of when you're likely to be scheduled for an interview. But like I already posted, we have no way of knowing if you will be put on AP or not, and how long it might last should you end up on AP.

Administrative Processing - that can happen due to a missing document or due to a pending background check.

Oppsss
So, I have two possible scenarios:
1- Everything goes as expected and we get visas by November: in that case we have no problem and can have the baby delivered in US
2- We get delayed to the time that my wife won't be able to travel: In this case, if we got visas late, our baby is due around February 2018, if we had to deliver the baby in Egypt, what should we do to get an immigrant visa for the newborn?

If the baby is delivered after your visas have been issued, as long as you enter the US before your visas expire, your baby will be processed at the POE as a LPR. You'll present the baby's international passport, birth certificate and 2 passport photos.