• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV2018 - Cannot Check Status using Confirmation number

NOPPO

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I've completely submitted my application for DV2018 and got the confirmation number. However, when I use my confirmation number, last name and year of birth to check status, it seems like my application is not in the system (there's an error box appears). I have tried to follow the link "Forgot confirmation number" but it doesn't help. (There's an message come up that the information I keyed in is not in the system)

Has anyone seen case like this? What should I do?

I am facing the same issue with 2 entries, I keep getting the error that there is an error on my entry.

Event when I try to retrieve the confirmation , the system is not able to find the application

I can see alot of people getting a same error soi guess its a glitch in the system they will fix it nd probably not selected will show up,

Hi,

I've completely submitted my application for DV2018 and got the confirmation number. However, when I use my confirmation number, last name and year of birth to check status, it seems like my application is not in the system (there's an error box appears). I have tried to follow the link "Forgot confirmation number" but it doesn't help. (There's an message come up that the information I keyed in is not in the system)

Has anyone seen case like this? What should I do?
I am getting the same error too. It's frustrating. Better we should wait awhile

Hi there,

I am a winner of dv lottery 2013 and been leaving in the US since then.
Long story short, I help a lot of friends to submit each year but three of them got the same problem this year (2018) for the first time.
The interesting thing is all of them submitted on October 8 and all the confirmation numbers starts with 2018 2X...
I agree with just waiting
and about the Old or new photos! I don't think so it's a problem I'd always used the same photo for myself and also it does not sounds logical to compare the photos of applicants with a year before.

Hi there,

and about the Old or new photos! I don't think so it's a problem I'd always used the same photo for myself and also it does not sounds logical to compare the photos of applicants with a year before.

It might not be "logical" to you and maybe you got away with ignoring the instructions (which used to be photo not older than 6 months) but now they have software they can use to catch duplicate photos. As with various other things where it was easier to break the rules without being caught before, technology is making that harder and harder to do these days. They already said a few years ago the number of disqualified entries rose sharply when they started using the photo software to catch duplicate entries.