• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV2017 just a few questions :-)

kent1982

Hi

Can't believe how fast we are approaching May! ;-)

Took people's advice and have tried not to think about it all too much until today.

I just have a few questions- I hope someone will be able to help thanks!

My birthday certificate and name change declaration (I took my stepdads surname) are in German- if (!) we get selected our interview would be London as we live in the UK. Am i correct in thinking that any relevant documents will need to be translated into English?

I am a little confused about how it all works if we are lucky enough to get selected- do we then quickly submit the DS260 form? My parents will be sponsoring us too- do I submit that form at the same time?

Do all the numbers get sent at the same time? In May?

When do the interviews take place? How much notice to you get?

Sorry for all the questions but I would like to be as prepared as we can be just in case we do get selected! You never know!!!:)

Thanks
ConfusedintheUK

1. Yes document translation would be required in your case.

2. It's advisable to submit the DS-260 form early. You'll present evidence of financial capability at the time of the interview if required.

3. All selected numbers get displayed in May, except in very rare circumstance in which additional draws take place.

4. Interviews for DV 2017 starts in Oct. individual interview dates will depend on how high or low a person's CN is.

Anyway get selected first and we will be more than happy to answer more questions or provide more guidance.

My birthday certificate and name change declaration (I took my stepdads surname) are in German- if (!) we get selected our interview would be London as we live in the UK. Am i correct in thinking that any relevant documents will need to be translated into English?
I was living in South America at the time I got selected however I lived in Germany and Switzerland for 7 years before that. I was told to have my Police records translated from German to English. If you did any military in Germany you may have to get that translated too. Summarizing, every official German document must be translated.

Hi,
I am interested to know about my situation please ?
I entered in USA on October 2015
leave USA on December 2015
now I am outside of USA (still in my origin of my country (Europe) ).
when I was in USA worked there 2 weeks. ( did not fill file about taxes )
from my situation that I have (economic situation) I will enter in USA on September ( 9 month when I leaved USA) .
my question:Am I doing any trouble please ? will be a problem or not ?
could you answer please ? SUSIEQQ, Sm1 smomm, .....
we got green card - for all of my family as a DV program.

Please stop posting the same message in multiple threads. It's already been answered in another.

Hi

I am DV lottery winner 2017.
Right now I like to fill DS 260. but I have some concerns over some issues.
First I find example of DS 260 and after carefully reading I notice several things that are not mansion on official site at all.
  1. Affidavit of Support, is this obligatory? What happened if I dont have anybody in USA? What happened if I dont have enough money to show to CO?
  2. On the first page - sign page " My invoice ID number" is required. Where can I find this number?
  3. On the second page it is required to confirm :affidavit of support fee: to be paid, and "IV fee" to be paid. Who issue this invoice. Where should I find them? How Can I pay them.
  4. About personal information " Beneficiary ID" is required ?????
  5. Do you know what is total cost for family of four (two kids under 3 years) till visa is granted?
And at the End, my CN is 2017EUP14XXX, when can I expect interwiev?

PLS answer, any info is useful.
Tnx in advance

Hi

I am DV lottery winner 2017.
Right now I like to fill DS 260. but I have some concerns over some issues.
First I find example of DS 260 and after carefully reading I notice several things that are not mansion on official site at all.
  1. Affidavit of Support, is this obligatory? What happened if I dont have anybody in USA? What happened if I dont have enough money to show to CO?
  2. On the first page - sign page " My invoice ID number" is required. Where can I find this number?
  3. On the second page it is required to confirm :affidavit of support fee: to be paid, and "IV fee" to be paid. Who issue this invoice. Where should I find them? How Can I pay them.
  4. About personal information " Beneficiary ID" is required ?????
  5. Do you know what is total cost for family of four (two kids under 3 years) till visa is granted?
And at the End, my CN is 2017EUP14XXX, when can I expect interwiev?

PLS answer, any info is useful.
Tnx in advance

Not sure where you got the sample DS-260 form you're going by from, but I suggest you go through the step by step guide of how to fill out the form that Simon has provided on his blog:

http://britsimonsays.com/completing-the-ds260-for-dv-lottery-entrants/

No one here can give you a ball park figure of the total cost since it varies from person to person. The only standard costs applicable to all includes the DV processing fee of $330/person payable at the time of interview at an embassy, $165/person GC fee which is only applicable to those with successful visa interview- the fee payment can be made before or after entering the US. There's the medical exam fee - cost varies from Doctor to doctor and country to country. And there's the cost associated with documents, etc.

Spend some time going over Simon's blogs for answers to other questions.

Tnx for guick response
I have already read most of posts but I did not notice any discusion about affidavit of support in DS 260 and it is not stated in your guidence given in the link. So still I dont understand is AoS needed for DS260 form?
Also can you pls give me your opinion about CN.

In regards to your case number, going purely off historical data alone (http://britsimonsays.com/historical-visa-bulletin-numbers/) your interview may be around Jan/Feb next year but this is just an estimation

You are in some cases required to prove you won't become a public charge to the US by showing a certain amount of savings etc If you are not able to, you will need to find someone willing to sign the affidavit of support. See here for more info:
http://britsimonsays.com/all-about-public-charge-affidavit-of-support-i-134/

You should really take the time (as there's no rush at the moment) to really read through britsimon's site as there is a lot of useful info

*Side note to Simon - sorry for constantly quoting your site but it's become like a bible to me haha

Tnx for guick response
I have already read most of posts but I did not notice any discusion about affidavit of support in DS 260 and it is not stated in your guidence given in the link. So still I dont understand is AoS needed for DS260 form?
Also can you pls give me your opinion about CN.

You're getting yourself confused over two unrelated issues. An affidavit of support is not required to be submitted with the DS-260 form. However you may be required to present an affidavit of support at the time of your interview depending on the embassy where your interview will be taken place or if you're unable to show enough person savings to convince the CO you will not become a public charge if approved for a NIV.

Hey All,

Just a quick question: I applied for DV 2017 and unfortunately wasn't selected. However, I'm now looking into other options such as an F1 visa or tourist visa. Now since, I applied for the lottery does that lower my chances of being granted a non-immigrant visa? I read someone asking this question before and sadly cannot find the answer as I've been scouring through these forums. Would the CO somehow know I previously had immigrant intent by applying?

Hey All,

Just a quick question: I applied for DV 2017 and unfortunately wasn't selected. However, I'm now looking into other options such as an F1 visa or tourist visa. Now since, I applied for the lottery does that lower my chances of being granted a non-immigrant visa? I read someone asking this question before and sadly cannot find the answer as I've been scouring through these forums. Would the CO somehow know I previously had immigrant intent by applying?

If you bough a losing lottery ticket would you expect to pay tax on the winnings you didn't win?

Entering the DV lottery does not constitute "immigrant intent". Winning doesn't either. Submitting the DS260 after the selection does.

Hey all!!

One more thing is bodering me about filling ds 260. Yesterday i apply for new passports for my children as their old one already expire. So the thing is that becouse my passport is made six years ago my old adress is wrien inside, the same thing is happening with my wife passport. So would it be problem that three different adresses appear in our form?
Should i start the procedure to make new one for me and my wife?

Tnx

Hey all!!

One more thing is bodering me about filling ds 260. Yesterday i apply for new passports for my children as their old one already expire. So the thing is that becouse my passport is made six years ago my old adress is wrien inside, the same thing is happening with my wife passport. So would it be problem that three different adresses appear in our form?
Should i start the procedure to make new one for me and my wife?

Tnx

Doesn't matter what address is inside. USCIS will have your changed address on the DS form anyway, but not all countries have addresses inside passports so they probably won't even look at that. However bear in mind your passport should be valid for at least 6 months beyond your interview date. If your passports are due to expire anytime in the next approx 2 years, it's probably a good idea to get new ones.

hi,
1-when im filing the ds 260 form i noticed that the names in the first section already filed automatically.but its shorter than the passport so what can i do leave it like that or fill it like passsport.
2- in that case can i mark by yes on the question of if i have any other names?
3- my wife full name in the passport contain of 5 names without mention sure names or giving names.shall i fill the field of sure name by the last tow names and the field of giving names by my wife names and her father and her grandfather??
thank you

hi,
1-when im filing the ds 260 form i noticed that the names in the first section already filed automatically.but its shorter than the passport so what can i do leave it like that or fill it like passsport.
2- in that case can i mark by yes on the question of if i have any other names?
3- my wife full name in the passport contain of 5 names without mention sure names or giving names.shall i fill the field of sure name by the last tow names and the field of giving names by my wife names and her father and her grandfather??
thank you

1. The name is pre-populated based on how you wrote it for the eDV registration. If the system allows you, write out the full name, if it doesn't, list out the full names on the other names used section.

2. You may.

3. Which country? What's typically considered as the last name in the country? Use that as the last name. The rest of the names can be listed under the other names section also.

thanks for your reply.
-the country is Egypt.and the form allows to me to write the full name as i wish and according to the passport.
-the last name mentioned in the form is Ali but there is one more name in the passport after this name.shall i fill both as a surnames??