• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV2016 Winners From ASIA ?

Would love to know the lowest AS number and highest AS number, Do they have a effect on the number of applicants they selected? Like DV2015 I see numbers as high as AS17XXX but this time around I dont think we will have such high numbers

Yeah it will be a few weeks perhaps before we know...

From HK, within 100 is high chance?
AS0000100 is no brainer - current for an interview in October (interviews start in October).
You shouldn't postpone DS260 submission though, if you want your interview early.
It has been taking KCC longer to process DS260 than they officially advertise.
If your DS260 is processed by KCC before August, you would know your date for October in the mid August.

You can submit DS260 later, within reason of course, then you will have your interview later. That is why low numbers like yours are so coveted by people.

Last edited:
From HK, within 100 is high chance?
Hey congrats, especially another Hong Konger.
I am from Hong Kong too with a somewhat high number in 2015.

Just a friendly reminder, the HK police cert takes 6-8 weeks according to their website. So judging from your number, you will get an interview in Oct unless you delay filing your DS260, so you might want to get your police cert in mid Aug.

If you are doing AOS, just ignore everything I said except congrats from 1 Hong Konger to another.

congratz on your low number, any idea of when I'll be getting my interview? my number is AS000053xx
Hard to say.
You can use this year as a reference, but with 84K selectee, that every year is different.
Best to watch the VB and wait for the 1st CEAC data in the winter.

Dear Britsimon,
My one friend has won dv16. He is married with two small kids. He is 29 years old. He had applied DV as single. Now he is in problem. What would be wise to do in this case. Can he correct in DS 260 processing? or he needs to alone. If he goes alone... how can he take his family(wife and two daughters) later ? Please suggest the reliable way.

Dear Britsimon,
My one friend has won dv16. He is married with two small kids. He is 29 years old. He had applied DV as single. Now he is in problem. What would be wise to do in this case. Can he correct in DS 260 processing? or he needs to alone. If he goes alone... how can he take his family(wife and two daughters) later ? Please suggest the reliable way.

The rules are pretty clear, he should have added them on his entry form. There is no way around it and he needs to look at entering correctly for DV2017 and forget about DV2016.

Dear Britsimon,

Agree with biggie. The problem cannot be fixed. He needs to apply next year again and read the rules properly next time...
If he goes alone, that assumes they do not discover he lied (which is automatic denial for both wrong entry and for lying on an immigration form), even if he manages to do that he can never bring his family as the first thing they will do if he tries is check his original forms, discover he lied, revoke his green card and deport him.

Dear Britsimon,

Just like others have responded, there's no way out for your friend, absolutely no way for the family and kids to benefit from this selection. Continuing to process alone would be a foolish move. He will be accused of fraudulent misrepresentation if he decides to continue processing, he's already lied in view of the fact that he claimed to be single and having no kids on his eDV registration. That's something he wouldn't be penalized for if he does not continue processing. But if he chooses to and he's found out, he will face a life time ban from the U.S. If he succeeds in getting a visa, he will never be able to sponsor his family.

hi there , I get selected for further processing ,my case#5XXX for Asia.is there a chance to get visa.
I have one question .my wife is pregnant and the due date around 20 of July. do we have to file DS-260 now or wait and fill it later.

Thanks

hi there , I get selected for further processing ,my case#5XXX for Asia.is there a chance to get visa.
I have one question .my wife is pregnant and the due date around 20 of July. do we have to file DS-260 now or wait and fill it later.

Thanks

Yes you should be fine with that number. I would wait for the baby before filling in the DS, given your case number.

Dear Britsimon,

As the others have said. This can't be fixed.

Why do people do this???