• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV2016 Egyptian winners

In the ds260 form there is an address I have to provide which is the one where the physical green card should be sent
I provided my aramex shop and ship address
Anyways I contacted aramex and they replied that they don,t deal with green cards
So I have to provide another address in my interview so I can get the physical green card
Unfotunatly I have no contacts in the US whatsoever
So I am asking for alternatives

Just write a hotel address for now. By the time you actually go you will obviously know where you will be staying by the time you fly and you can change the address at the airport when you arrive to where you will actually be.

Do I need any of those stuff in my interview

Apartment contract
The certified public accountant and authors tables certificate
The syndicate of commercial professions certificate in English
Tax Card

Just got my second notification letter

So preparing all documents
Thanks everybody

Do I need any of those stuff in my interview

Apartment contract
The certified public accountant and authors tables certificate
The syndicate of commercial professions certificate in English
Tax Card

Just got my second notification letter

So preparing all documents
Thanks everybody

Did you read the USCIS website telling yiu what documents you need?

Is the IGCSE/GCSE normally accepted

Not normally. In a British-style system the high school equivalent is usually completion of some A-levels. It has to be equivalent to a completed US high school diploma i.e. able on its own to gain you entrance to a US university. Check with your consulate for specific education requirements.

Hello,

my number is AF27XXX and I guess my interview would either May or June in Cairo - Can you guys tell me about Medical Exam, where you took it, how much it costs ? Also how was the experience ?

Many Thanks

How can I schedule the interview
I have put all the information through
Ustraveldocs
But I contacted the embassy through phone and
consularcairoiv@state.gov
They dont reply by email and by phone it just seems going nowhere talking to the people there

How can I schedule my interview conclusively

Thanks

How can I schedule the interview
I have put all the information through
Ustraveldocs
But I contacted the embassy through phone and
consularcairoiv@state.gov
They dont reply by email and by phone it just seems going nowhere talking to the people there

How can I schedule my interview conclusively

Thanks

For DV lottery, you don't schedule the interview , they schedule for you. You can find your interview at ESC site where the 2NL info

In DV lottery case, Ustraveldocs is mostly to fill all your information to return your passport after you visa is approved

Attachments

• upload_2016-3-17_14-2-24.png
    upload_2016-3-17_14-2-24.png
    4.5 KB · Views: 19
Yes- That is what I learned from what others say - I am still waiting for my second letter in 2 weeks or so. But you need to fill your info in Ustraveldocs to make sure they send your passport after interview - If you don't, it will delay it.

You can choose any visa type to complete the application, it seems irrelevant in DV case

hey guys
I received my passport today with the visa thanks for all your helpful replies
I just want to ask about the names
my middle name is misspelled in the given name section of the visa it kind of overlapped on the gender section
however at the bottom of the visa it is printed correctly and also on the envelope it is printed correctly
is it some printing error as the field has limited characters to accommodate or is it an error I should report to the embassy

Thanks

hey guys
my middle name is misspelled in the given name section of the visa it kind of overlapped on the gender section
however at the bottom of the visa it is printed correctly and also on the envelope it is printed correctly
is it some printing error as the field has limited characters to accommodate or is it an error I should report to the embassy

Thanks

If it's spelt correctly at the bottom of the visa it is almost certainly due to printing space, but to be sure you should contact the embassy and check with them. If it is incorrect it will need to be reprinted.

hey guys

Thanks
What did you do for your IGCSE certifications? I'm IGCSE graduate as well.

Hey Everybody

After I travel for the first time with my visa and then i return to Egypt how would I return back to the united states after my visa has expired will I be able to leave Egypt with just my green card.

Thanks

Hey Everybody

After I travel for the first time with my visa and then i return to Egypt how would I return back to the united states after my visa has expired will I be able to leave Egypt with just my green card.

Thanks

Either your plastic green card if you have it, or your stamped visa* from your first entry is adequate for entry into the US. You'll need a passport too obviously.

*Once your visa is stamped for entry it becomes proof of your permanent resident status for one year, so it basically becomes a temporary green card - see the text line at the bottom of the visa.

Congratulations!!

I have been selected in DV2017 and I have some questions in my mind as I will have my interview in Cairo.

Do you need to translate your Arabic documents into English? (Birth and Marriage certificates, Education Certificates) On state.gov website they say that documents can be accepted in English or in the official language of the country in which application for a visa is being made, which is Arabic in our case. I need to know if there are any specific requirements by the embassy in Cairo that you encountered during your experience.

Do you need to have the documents certified or attested by the Egyptian Ministry of Foreign Affairs? This is not mentioned on state.gov

Did anyone have to obtain Police Certificate from a third country, like Saudi Arabia for example?

Thanks..

I have a question regarding how I should write the name in the DS-260. Egyptian passports have one field for the name which may include 4-5 names with no separate field for Surname. I will write my passport's last name as the surname in DS-260 but I am wondering what I should write in Given Name(s) field? Should I write only my first name? Or should I include my father's grandfather's and grand grandfather's names? What are your experiences in this matter?