• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV2015 Winners from Sri Lanka

Dear All,

My CN is 2015AS00009XXX. I'm currently working in Singapore.

If I want to sponsor by myself (self-sponsor, with out having US sponsor), how do I do that ? I mean, if it is possible to present local (Sri Lanka) and Singapore bank statements @ the interview time ? or do I need to follow a specific process ? I'm not going to fill I-134 form.

Thank you all, in advance.

That is fine, you just need to show at least $10k in available savings More is better.

Hello All,

My CN is AS201500009xxx, I’m Sri Lankan now live in Singapore and hope to face interview in Singapore. I have few Q..

1.There are few spelling differences in my Advance Level certificate name and passport full name , do I need to prepare any affidavit ? If yes, I need to go back to my country to prepare this?

2. I got police report from Sri Lanka, it will expire in May, according to current bulletin, my interview will be scheduled after July… Do I need to apply for new police report as it may take few months to get a new police clearance?

3.I am the main applicant , but bank accounts hold by husband name in Sri Lanka & Singapore , Do we need to show the savings for the main applicants name?

Thanks a lot for your support.

@kumar man,

Please stop posting the same question all over the forum. Post once and wait for someone to respond. I deleted your post because you've already created a new thread with the same question. So be patient and wait for someone to respond to that thread.

Hello All,

My CN is AS201500009xxx, I’m Sri Lankan now live in Singapore and hope to face interview in Singapore. I have few Q..

1.There are few spelling differences in my Advance Level certificate name and passport full name , do I need to prepare any affidavit ? If yes, I need to go back to my country to prepare this?

2. I got police report from Sri Lanka, it will expire in May, according to current bulletin, my interview will be scheduled after July… Do I need to apply for new police report as it may take few months to get a new police clearance?

3.I am the main applicant , but bank accounts hold by husband name in Sri Lanka & Singapore , Do we need to show the savings for the main applicants name?

Thanks a lot for your support.
Hi Sadarenu,

(1) How about your birth certificate name & passport name ? Do they align together ? Since you have time, it's better to align your certificate name with passport & birth certificate. You can contact Government Information Center in Sri Lanka (+94 112 19 19 19), to get the steps of name amend process in Advanced Level Certificate.

(2) As per to the Sri Lanka Police web site, report will be expired within 6 months, but if you do a request to Police headquarters, it can be renewed. My police report also, will expire in April . But I got my police report via Sri Lanka High Commission of Singapore. So I'm going to request to renew my police report mid of April via Sri Lanka High Commission of Singapore.

(3) As per my understandings, it will not be an issue, since you both are husband & wife.

Hi Sadarenu,

(1) How about your birth certificate name & passport name ? Do they align together ? Since you have time, it's better to align your certificate name with passport & birth certificate. You can contact Government Information Center in Sri Lanka (+94 112 19 19 19), to get the steps of name amend process in Advanced Level Certificate.

(2) As per to the Sri Lanka Police web site, report will be expired within 6 months, but if you do a request to Police headquarters, it can be renewed. My police report also, will expire in April . But I got my police report via Sri Lanka High Commission of Singapore. So I'm going to request to renew my police report mid of April via Sri Lanka High Commission of Singapore.

(3) As per my understandings, it will not be an issue, since you both are husband & wife.
Hi Chandika

How long it took to get police report via Sri Lanka High commission of Singapore?

Hello Everyone,

First I thank to the person who created this thread.

I am a Sri Lankan working in Dubai. My number is 2015AS11xxx.

I filled the ds260 last year when I was in SriLanka. Now from this month I started work in Dubai.

Please let me know how can I change interview location to dubai?

And my wife and kid is in Sri Lanka....please advise whether they need to travel to dubai for interview with me or can they attend in Sri Lanka itself?

Please help. ...

Hello Everyone,

I filled the ds260 last year when I was in SriLanka. Now from this month I started work in Dubai.

And my wife and kid is in Sri Lanka....please advise whether they need to travel to dubai for interview with me or can they attend in Sri Lanka itself?

Please help. ...

As my knowledge you can change your interview location. First you have to request by KCC to unlock your DS260. Then you can change your application. But I don’t know exactly about the possibility to request of different places to face an interview for your family and you.
For more information, better you contact Brit Simon
http://britsimonsays.com/

Hello Everyone,

Please help. ...

Yes, you can update you DS260 with the new address and emai KCC to make sure they changed the address to Dubai.

However, by doing that you will inject some risks. First, the idea to interview at a different location to the family. That is risky because you need to be approved, then once you are approved you need for them to interview. However, the timing is risky given your case number will be current very late in the year.

Similarly, Dubai will not have much experience in dealing with selectees from SL. They won't know the education standard and will most likely put you on AP while they check your education. Again, that is risky as it will be late in the year.

My best advice would be to do the interview in SL as originally planned. I appreciate that will cost you 2 weeks of work - but the alternative is very risky.

Yes, you can update you DS260 with the new address and emai KCC to make sure they changed the address to Dubai.

However, by doing that you will inject some risks. First, the idea to interview at a different location to the family. That is risky because you need to be approved, then once you are approved you need for them to interview. However, the timing is risky given your case number will be current very late in the year.

Similarly, Dubai will not have much experience in dealing with selectees from SL. They won't know the education standard and will most likely put you on AP while they check your education. Again, that is risky as it will be late in the year.

My best advice would be to do the interview in SL as originally planned. I appreciate that will cost you 2 weeks of work - but the alternative is very risky.

Thank you very much Britsimon.
I really appreciate your reply.

My concern is since I am a new employee, it is quite hard to get 2weeks off shortly.

Alternatively, I can make arrangements to bring my wife and kid to dubai for interview.

Do you think that it will help me out in anyways or will make matters worse?

My concern is since I am a new employee, it is quite hard to get 2weeks off shortly.

Alternatively, I can make arrangements to bring my wife and kid to dubai for interview.

Did you read the part where Simon explained about the possibility of being put on AP due to Dubai not being familiar with the S/L educational qualifications? Will you not be leaving the job at the end of the day when your visa is approved. I'm sure if you were to tell your employers you have some family emergency/crisis to go attend to back at home, you certainly can get the needed time off.

If you would still rather not go back though and are willing to take your chance with the possibility of being put on AP, and you're certain you can get your family to Dubai, then go ahead and request for KCC to unlock your forms and change the interview location to Dubai

Presumably you will quit your job anyway if you get a green card, right?
Alternatively if you don't get an immigrant visa issued in time you won't get one and then your current job will indeed matter more.
So what is more important to you - current job or getting a green card??

Did you read the part where Simon explained about the possibility of being put on AP due to Dubai not being familiar with the S/L educational qualifications? Will you not be leaving the job at the end of the day when your visa is approved. I'm sure if you were to tell your employers you have some family emergency/crisis to go attend to back at home, you certainly can get the needed time off.

If you would still rather not go back though and are willing to take your chance with the possibility of being put on AP, and you're certain you can get your family to Dubai, then go ahead and request for KCC to unlock your forms and change the interview location to Dubai

Thank you very much for your options. I am getting a more clear picture now.

Presumably you will quit your job anyway if you get a green card, right?
Alternatively if you don't get an immigrant visa issued in time you won't get one and then your current job will indeed matter more.
So what is more important to you - current job or getting a green card??

Thank you Sussie.you just threw it simply.
I now decide to get back to Sri Lanka for my interview.

Because what you told is correct...if visa is approved...obviously should quit the job.

We cannot have the cake and eat it...isn't?

Hello Everyone

Good day to all.

If anyone had attended your dv 2015 interview in Colombo, Sri Lanka.
Please share your experience. It will be very useful for all of us.

Also please share check list of documents we need to carry.

Also please tell how long it took to release the passport by the embassy.