• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV2015 Winners from Sri Lanka

Hello guys.... I'm going to marry my fiancee next month. I already submitted DS260 form.
1. Do I need to inform KCC about my marital status change or can I fixed it on the interview day ? Plz advice....

Hello guys.... I'm going to marry my fiancee next month. I already submitted DS260 form.
1. Do I need to inform KCC about my marital status change or can I fixed it on the interview day ? Plz advice....

Hi Cricket,
What is your CN and which region. If you marry after submitting your DS260, you need to inform to KCC to update your form. and you may have big challenge to proof your wedding is true.

I would say, better you postpone your wedding till you get your visa and go to USA get your green card after you can come back to your country and get marry. So, this will easy and safer to get you & your wife green. You can return from USA immediate after you get your card.

Hi Cricket,
What is your CN and which region. If you marry after submitting your DS260, you need to inform to KCC to update your form. and you may have big challenge to proof your wedding is true.

I would say, better you postpone your wedding till you get your visa and go to USA get your green card after you can come back to your country and get marry. So, this will easy and safer to get you & your wife green. You can return from USA immediate after you get your card.

The bit I bolded is very bad advice.

To Cricket. Assuming you can show your marriage is genuine, there is nothing wrong with adding a spouse to the DV win. You should marry and inform KCC as soon as possible after the marriage. You will need to complete new DS260 forms. Depending on your case number this can be sorted out before your interview - and THAT is the safest, best way.

Tnx guys..... I'm from srilanka and my case number is 2015AS7***.
1. Do I HV to fill the form again?
2. I submitted it in last June. If I submit it in next September with my new status the submission date will be change or what?.... Am I too late?
It says first come first serve..... Is it not?
Plz advice..... Tnx

2. I submitted it in last June. If I submit it in next September with my new status the submission date will be change or what?.... Am I too late?
Plz advice..... Tnx

Your number won't be current until May/JUne next year - so you have plenty of time to do this.

Yes you have to resubmit the form.
You have plenty of time to submit - you will not lose your chance.

Tnx a lot britsimon......could u plz tel me.... To which email address do I need to send my marriage certificate and details?

Do I need to make a request before my marriage to unlock my DS260 form......?

One thing I want to get clarified from you sir..... Some applicants get married after the selection and not informing KCC ... But in the end , on the interview day they reveal their marriage.... Still both of them receive visa...... How come this? (Based on true stories)

Hi Cricket,

I agree this is very bad advice. The marriage will need to be shown to be bona fide either way and doing it after he gets the green card is much longer and much more expensive. The wait time is long and the fee for filing is high, plus he may need to use an attorney this way. Plus his wife will not be able to join him in the US while they are waiting. Plus he will have to be able to show proof of US income sufficient to file a petition for his wife. Etc etc. All in all, very terrible advice,

Last edited:
Tnx a lot britsimon......could u plz tel me.... To which email address do I need to send my marriage certificate and details?

Do I need to make a request before my marriage to unlock my DS260 form......?

One thing I want to get clarified from you sir..... Some applicants get married after the selection and not informing KCC ... But in the end , on the interview day they reveal their marriage.... Still both of them receive visa...... How come this? (Based on true stories)

Oh boy, more "true stories". Here are other true stories: (1) only one name is on the interview letter so only one person is allowed into the consulate by security for an interview. Therefore only one person can get a visa. (2) there is only one visa number allocated for the application therefore only one person can get a visa. (3) the most important thing you can do when it comes to this process is ensure you follow instructions. The instructions tell you to inform KCC if you have acquired a spouse or child since the application.

Plz advice..... Tnx

It does not say first come first serve anywhere.... Interviews are based on case numbers.

THE DIVERSITY (DV) IMMIGRANT CATEGORY RANK CUT-OFFS
WHICH WILL APPLY IN NOVEMBER

For November, immigrant numbers in the DV category are available to qualified DV-2015 applicants chargeable to all regions/eligible countries as follows. When an allocation cut-off number is shown, visas are available only for applicants with DV regional lottery rank numbers BELOW the specified allocation cut-off number:

RegionAll DV Chargeability Areas Except Those Listed Separately
AFRICA14,200
Except
Egypt: 6,800
Ethiopia: 7,800

ASIA2,950

EUROPE 9,900

NORTH AMERICA (BAHAMAS) 3

OCEANIA 500

SOUTH AMERICA,
and the CARIBBEAN 650

I am a self employed and working as a welder & metal fixer in my own business since 1984. How to improve my work experience at my interview Please advice me.

I am a self employed and working as a welder & metal fixer in my own business since 1984. How to improve my work experience at my interview Please advice me.

That sort of work is not likely to meet the requirement as described in the rules. You need to check against the O*Net database for a job zone 4 at least.

http://www.onetonline.org/link/summary/51-4121.06

So, you probably cannot qualify on work experience. Do you meet the education qualification standard? If you are not sure, reply with your highest qualifications and country of study.

Hello All,
My case number is 2015AS00015XXX from Srilanka . I think my interview wont be scheduled until very long. Still is it sure that i will get an interview by Sep 2015.
Is it possible that i will be left without being interviewed?
Thank you!