• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv2014 submission date

Annanna

Registered Users (C)
Hi ,

I am totally shocked. We sent our forms in a week ago, I know late but it's been a crazy year. Kept in mind deadline being 30 sept 2014
I made a mistake, didn't provide addresses of schools in DS-122question 6b ( sorry if I got the number wrong but I'm writing from memory as I'm on my mobile not got forms on me. But that's not important.

Important part I rang KCC to find out what to do just being told it's too late as even it says deaine is 30/09/2014 you have to add 6-8weeks to process and that makes it fall it behind deadline. So it's for nothing.

I'm shocked, in tears and angry. I never seen it mentioned anywhere. Why don't they state deadline mid July then or have I just totally missed it?
Thanks in advance A

Huh? In the link below, over a year ago you asked about timeline and I specifically warned you not to wait until this summer to submit your form. I just don't understand why you could possibly have thought submitting the forms in mid September of this year was going to be ok, or why you think you were not told. I'm sorry, but you wasted your opportunity yourself, you cannot blame "them".

http://forums.immigration.com/threa...after-dv-interview.317111/page-2#post-2313683

I'm not blaming them. I just feel clear directions would make it easier. Me and my now husband thought if the official deadline States end of September that is what it means.
If you remember me askin a question year ago you might have noticed I haven't been on here for a year and I can't remember all I was told here then. We were not able to do it any time sooner for many reasons.
We will try again and if it is meant to be it will happen. Lesson learned and it probably gives us right amount of time to prepare as it would have been in a rush

Thanks for the prompt reply.

I'm not blaming them. I just feel clear directions would make it easier. Me and my now husband thought if the official deadline States end of September that is what it means.
If you remember me askin a question year ago you might have noticed I haven't been on here for a year and I can't remember all I was told here then. We were not able to do it any time sooner for many reasons.
We will try again and if it is meant to be it will happen. Lesson learned and it probably gives us right amount of time to prepare as it would have been in a rush

OK well good luck with trying again. DV2016 has just been announced - it starts on October 1.

You still come across to me like you're blaming "them" just like Simon responded earlier. How much more clear of a direction do you require for goodness sake? I mean there are have been people in your situation who did not have the benefit of coming across this forum and they successfully processed their selection. Talk less of you who got sound advice here free of charge and failed to act on it.

Gosh! Talk of a wasted opportunity!!

Hi ,

I am totally shocked. We sent our forms in a week ago, I know late but it's been a crazy year. Kept in mind deadline being 30 sept 2014
I made a mistake, didn't provide addresses of schools in DS-122question 6b ( sorry if I got the number wrong but I'm writing from memory as I'm on my mobile not got forms on me. But that's not important.

Important part I rang KCC to find out what to do just being told it's too late as even it says deaine is 30/09/2014 you have to add 6-8weeks to process and that makes it fall it behind deadline. So it's for nothing.

I'm shocked, in tears and angry. I never seen it mentioned anywhere. Why don't they state deadline mid July then or have I just totally missed it?
Thanks in advance A

Of course it's way too late. Your original notification letter told you there might not be enough visas for everyone and to send in your forms as soon as possible. A year and a half later hardly counts as soon as possible. Go enter DV2016 and for heaven's sake if you win that, don't sit on your butt not doing anything for the next eighteen months.

Edit: I've just seen your response to britsimon. Really, if you come on and ask for advice its hardly anyone here's fault if you couldn't remember where you posted or what you were told.. I mean honestly...take some responsibility for stuff.

For goodness sake, she is insane or what? We are here day by day waiting for a damn visa and she was just waiting for Sep 30 to come? Gosh, help those people.....

Honestly, and with all due respect, I thank God that some selectees make such unwise decisions, otherwise, high CNs like me wouldn't get a chance! :/

Honestly, and with all due respect, I thank God that some selectees make such unwise decisions, otherwise, high CNs like me wouldn't get a chance! :/

Well yes,it is partly because of people doing things like this that they select more people than there are visas available!