• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV2014 2nd NL received preparing document

Kadeer

Hi everyone! So far so good. Getting all supporting document ready and translated. Takes lots of time and effort especially because I lived all over.
Just learned today my fiancé is pregnant and my interview is in a month!! If I am to get married now it is too close to the interview and may seem suspicious. any suggestions?

Hi everyone! So far so good. Getting all supporting document ready and translated. Takes lots of time and effort especially because I lived all over.
Just learned today my fiancé is pregnant and my interview is in a month!! If I am to get married now it is too close to the interview and may seem suspicious. any suggestions?

Well if you can prove the relationship was already existing, I think the pregnancy is a perfectly understandable reason to rush to marry and get a GC for your spouse. So - yeah - go get married!

I agree. If your relationship is bona-fide and you have nothing to hide, go ahead and get married. The pregnancy is a great reason that shows genuinely that point. Plus you will change the lives of your loved ones. Bring them with you to your new life in America!

Thats great! Thank you for your fast favorable reply
I have photos and some emails, but will that work? Do I email KCC and send what I have and ask them if I should proceed? Would it be better to get the GC then ask for spouse and child to come? I am worried about the last minute changes and how that may effect

Thats great! Thank you for your fast favorable reply
I have photos and some emails, but will that work? Do I email KCC and send what I have and ask them if I should proceed? Would it be better to get the GC then ask for spouse and child to come? I am worried about the last minute changes and how that may effect

If you want to move to America with your spouse and child, get married now. Don't delay. Getting a GC for your spouse after you have moved will take a long time and a lot of money. You would be a fool to do that.

1. Get married, sooner the better.
2. Inform KCC by sending new forms (122/230)for yourself and spouse including a copy of the marriage certificate.
3. Call the embassy before your interview top make sure they will admit your spouse on the day of the interview.
4. Take the complete set of forms to the interview including marriage cert, all docs for yourself and the spouse and whatever you can find to prove your relationship.

You should call KCC and ask them. Most likely since your interview is approaching, they will ask you to bring and updated DS230 forms to the interview including your spouse and the marriage certificate to prove it. If you get the GC first and don't include your wife, you will need to sponsor her and that can take some years. As for the baby, he can get a transport certificate and get a GC inmediatedly after arriving to the US. Bottom line, your spouse won't be able to join you, so please include her on the interview. You will save lots of time, money(immigration lawyers are expensive), and effort. You won't regret it :)

And just a personal anecdote to show you our points:

My good friend who was a GC holder in Florida spent couple of thousands on lawyers fees, had to show income taxes filed and waited nearly 4 years to bring his wife over. And my friend, you only need to sign a marriage cert and bring it to the consulate and that's it! God has blessed you :)

Thank you so much for your advice! I will take it and get the marriage certificate and then do the forms and send to KCC, also contacting the Embassy. My heart is beating fast. I just hope that if I do this they don't think I am pulling a fast one and get denied, we all lose the chance of going ...

Like I said, if it is a genuine relationship and you have a baby, you have nothing to fear about. You are just showing your intention of being a responsible father and husband. No need to send forms to KCC as they will have no time to process it. Just call your local us embassy and advice them after you get the marriage certificate.

Like I said, if it is a genuine relationship and you have a baby, you have nothing to fear about. You are just showing your intention of being a responsible father and husband. No need to send forms to KCC as they will have no time to process it. Just call your local us embassy and advice them after you get the marriage certificate.

Do send tge firms to KCC refardless whether they have time to process it or not. It is just an email but it shows you did all yiu could to inform them.

Okay, something I'm really trying hard to wrap my head around here. I'm not trying to nit-pick here, just trying to get clarification as to wether you were actually engaged prior to now or not. You stated you just found out your fiancé is pregnant. What was the plan for joining you if she hadn't become pregnant? You obviously hadn't included her in your paln to emigrate prior to now. So I'm wonderingwhere you guys actually engaged and already have wedding plans in motion or you were actually still boyfriend/girlfriend?

Forgive me if it seems like I'm poking my nose into issues that clearly doesn't concern me, but jumping into a short-gun marriage with one month to your interview just doesn't seem like the right thing to do IMO. Theres' a lot more involved with marriage and if you're not prepared both mentally and emotionally, I don't see how that can last coupled with the challenges of moving to a new country and trying to raise a family.

Anyway, having said all that, if you still want to give including her a shot, by all means go ahead and get marriaged right away, send updated forms for yourself and a new set for your wife, including a copy of your marriage certificate to KCC. Contact your applicable US embassy and let them know you just got married, and find out what if anything needs to be done on your part in order for them to allow her into the embassy to interview with you on your appointed day.

She needs to get PCC from all applicable countries as related to her, she needs to undergo the medical exam prior to your interview date also. And you may want to find out if your Panel Doctor's office is one of those that insist on seeing all the names of the people doing the medical exam on the interview letter before a medical appointment can be scheduled. If that is the case, you may need to get a clearance letter from the embasssy or something to that effect to allow her to do the medical allow. When do you go for the interview, you need to make sure you take along with you a copy of the email you sent to KCC and the updated forms too.

Okay, something I'm really trying hard to wrap my head around here. I'm not trying to nit-pick here, just trying to get clarification as to wether you were actually engaged prior to now or not. You stated you just found out your fiancé is pregnant. What was the plan for joining you if she hadn't become pregnant? You obviously hadn't included her in your paln to emigrate prior to now. So I'm wonderingwhere you guys actually engaged and already have wedding plans in motion or you were actually still boyfriend/girlfriend?

Forgive me if it seems like I'm poking my nose into issues that clearly doesn't concern me, but jumping into a short-gun marriage with one month to your interview just doesn't seem like the right thing to do IMO. Theres' a lot more involved with marriage and if you're not prepared both mentally and emotionally, I don't see how that can last coupled with the challenges of moving to a new country and trying to raise a family.

Anyway, having said all that, if you still want to give including her a shot, by all means go ahead and get marriaged right away, send updated forms for yourself and a new set for your wife, including a copy of your marriage certificate to KCC. Contact your applicable US embassy and let them know you just got married, and find out what if anything needs to be done on your part in order for them to allow her into the embassy to interview with you on your appointed day.

She needs to get PCC from all applicable countries as related to her, she needs to undergo the medical exam prior to your interview date also. And you may want to find out if your Panel Doctor's office is one of those that insist on seeing all the names of the people doing the medical exam on the interview letter before a medical appointment can be scheduled. If that is the case, you may need to get a clearance letter from the embasssy or something to that effect to allow her to do the medical allow. When do you go for the interview, you need to make sure you take along with you a copy of the email you sent to KCC and the updated forms too.

I'm more of a "you broke it, you buy it" kind of a guy - but that also goes with an assumption that you are careful not to break things....

Reactions: one
I'm more of a "you broke it, you buy it" kind of a guy - but that also goes with an assumption that you are careful not to break things....

Yeah, I'm usually of that mind too, but sometimes the breaker just may have absolutely no means with which to pay for the damage, in which case the store owner may just give him a broom to pack up the mess and hand the person a life time ban from the store. :p

Of course, I'm not trying to get into marriage counseling :rolleyes:, just trying to play the devil's advocate. When making a major decision in business, if there's no single person willing to play the devil's advocate, the possibility of making the wrong decision could be rather steep or high - if everyone simply agrees to go along wiht the plan without a single person pointing out why the decision could be faulty.

Mom is actually 100% right I think. It's stressful enough, usually, for people to rush into marriage with an unplanned child (heck, even a planned newborn can be pretty stressful!) Add that to moving across the world with no family/support network for the new parents...