• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV2008 Lucky Winners live in USA on J1 visa, please join here

nrra

Registered Users (C)
Could anybody please help me!!!!!!!!
I have got a letter from KCC two days ago informs me that my name is randomly selected for DV2008. I couldn't believe that I have won, it is really a big and wonderful surprise and I consider it as a gift from our beloved GOD. After that, I realized that I have a serious concern and I need you guys in this great forum to help me.

I live now in USA legally on J1 visa student pursuing PhD degree. I am in the final stage of my dissertation but I don't have an exact date for defending. I want to know how I could process my DV2008: CP or AOS?

I can't go to my country for CP at this stage of my graduate program since this will definitely jeopardize my graduation. So, I am thinking about AOS but I am little bit concerned because I have to apply for a waiver of the two-year foreign residence requirement of J1 visa and I am not sure they will approve it or not. Moreover I am not sure that I will be able to get "No objection statement" from my government.

It is really a mess.

Any suggestions to help me would be really appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
Could anybody please help me!!!!!!!!
I have got a letter from KCC two days ago informs me that my name is randomly selected for DV2008. I couldn't believe that I have won, it is really a big and wonderful surprise and I consider it as a gift from our beloved GOD. After that, I realized that I have a serious concern and I need you guys in this great forum to help me.

I live now in USA legally on J1 visa student pursuing PhD degree. I am in the final stage of my dissertation but I don't have an exact date for defending. I want to know how I could process my DV2008: CP or AOS?

I can't go to my country for CP at this stage of my graduate program since this will definitely jeopardize my graduation. So, I am thinking about AOS but I am little bit concerned because I have to apply for a waiver of the two-year foreign residence requirement of J1 visa and I am not sure they will approve it or not. Moreover I am not sure that I will be able to get "No objection statement" from my government.

It is really a mess.

Any suggestions to help me would be really appreciated.

You need the J-1 waiver and the maybe the no objection statement from your govt before you can adjust. Very tough dude. Go to your nearest USCIS(make an infopass appointment) and ask am wassup

you need a waiver whether you are doing CP or AOS. You cannot apply for either unless you have a waiver (or at least a no-objection statement from Department of State).

USCIS will tell you the same.